Pre match thread : Borussia Monchengladbach away CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
worrying thing is that german teams usually press very well, which is a thing that is poison to us, has been for about 5 years. not gonna be easy

We're the worst best team at chasing a lead in Europe. Every team in the Champions league and Premiership knows if they can nick a goal against us, we lose our shape. That's down to a lack of discipline from the players and a lack direction from the training team

Personally Id put it down to us having a mental block from dominating teams in Europe.

We obviously have the talent but we have been outplayed by some bang average teams in Europe in recent times.

I think pace and discipline are the two things we have been badly lacking in recent times.

However as others have alluded to, we could easily be the most feared counter attacking team in the world with our personell.

For me, that's the way forward. Make teams fear us and then build on it. At the moment it seems like we are trying to run before we can walk.

worrying thing is that german teams usually press very well, which is a thing that is poison to us, has been for about 5 years. not gonna be easy

Which is why we should allow them to have the majority of the possession and hit them on the break.

We'll still be missing key players in your lineup though and you have Willy starting again. And I don't know why our tactics would suddenly be much different this time.

I think Willy is much better suited to the CL than the PL. Keepers get a lot more protection and it isn't as physical as the PL.

And missing key players does not worry me that much as long as we adapt. KDB, Sterling and Navas can really hit teams on the break. Nando and Fern are energetic and solid and most defences look sterner with a deeper line.

In Europe the results are earned from the back. Let's defend well, be direct and hit them with pace

Personally Id put it down to us having a mental block from dominating teams in Europe.

We obviously have the talent but we have been outplayed by some bang average teams in Europe in recent times.

I think pace and discipline are the two things we have been badly lacking in recent times.

However as others have alluded to, we could easily be the most feared counter attacking team in the world with our personell.

For me, that's the way forward. Make teams fear us and then build on it. At the moment it seems like we are trying to run before we can walk.

If we don't win our next three games, I'm going to kill myself

@BenDinnery: "I don't think [Kompany] will be available on Wed. He was fit to be on the bench [but] in the warm-up, he felt a problem in his calf" #MCFC

I think if Kompany is missing for the game we need to have Zabba playing. We need leadership and Zabba will give that to the defence. I think this is a good game for us to have we will get a few players back i think. Hart , Silva and Yaya will be in the starting line up. Hopefully Bony will be fit enough too for the bench. Kun will find his goalscoring boots we will right the wrongs of our last champions league game. KDB playing back in Germany for the first time will be our driving force for us.

I think if Kompany is missing for the game we need to have Zabba playing. We need leadership and Zabba will give that to the defence. I think this is a good game for us to have we will get a few players back i think. Hart , Silva and Yaya will be in the starting line up. Hopefully Bony will be fit enough too for the bench. Kun will find his goalscoring boots we will right the wrongs of our last champions league game. KDB playing back in Germany for the first time will be our driving force for us.
Silva and yaya won't be playing

Mp talking about dave maybe ok for next league game and yaya did his hamstring yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.