Pre match thread : Borussia Monchengladbach away CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because we didn't play our best squad against roma doesn't mean we're always gonna beat a team of their caliber. Play our best squad as always and see what happens.

We've been doing that for years now and to no avail.

I think we need to be more tactical, there is more to the CL than playing your strongest 11 and hoping for the best. Juve shown us that a few weeks back.

If we had a fully fit squad I'd still argue against starting our strongest 11. However it seems daft to even contemplate risking longer injuries to key players by rushing them back.

I'd go with this:

560855beb1ec1.jpg

With Yaya and Silva out, we need Nasri to hold onto the ball and keep us possession. He's shown with his performance in Rome that he can dig deep with the other two out and I'd bank on him doing it again Wednesday.

I like Sterling but think he needs a rest, he's only 20 and doesn't need to start every single game. Bring him off the bench to add a more direct threat if needed second half.

The mullering we got against Hamburg a few years ago ,still weighs heavy and my fear is for a similar tanking on Wednesday Obviously we would all feel more hopeful if we hadn't started collecting injuries for a hubby However as the Sunday Supplement rightly said ( is it just me that thought they went easy with us today) that with a squad that we have ,the envy of most clubs , injuries cannot be our excuse, imho we do have leeway ,as surely Barca who were beaten 4-1 last week to C V (shit happens) wont be as dynamic if you took the spine of their team out

Our best CL performance came with a weakened squad in Rome.

We're playing Monchengladbach not Barcelona. A front 4 of Nasri, Navas, Sterling and KDB should be more than good enough.
I agree but knowing City we will make them look like Barcelona

Far too much football being discussed in this thread.

Where is everyone drinking on Tuesday/Wednesday? Altstadt sounds good.

Far too much football being discussed in this thread.

Where is everyone drinking on Tuesday/Wednesday? Altstadt sounds good.
After reading tonights threads (inc my own) can i have your permission to start getting slaughtered now?

Hi there,

I just read most commrnts and can't believe that some of you guys see a chance of not winning in Mönchengladbach. I am as much fan of Borussia as one can be. I will be in Borussia Park on Wednesday - and I am looking forward to the event just for the reason Borussia is taking part. The years of Simonsen, Netzer, Heynckes, Vogts, Wimmer or Bonhof are past. Don't worry. You get the points. Sadly no way Borussia will win.

I actually think we will benefit from playing away. CL games at home still feel a bit strange for some reason. Hoping that Merlin is back, feels like ages since he played.

We've been doing that for years now and to no avail.

I think we need to be more tactical, there is more to the CL than playing your strongest 11 and hoping for the best. Juve shown us that a few weeks back.

If we had a fully fit squad I'd still argue against starting our strongest 11. However it seems daft to even contemplate risking longer injuries to key players by rushing them back.

I 100% agree with you however I just don't agree with the line up you picked. For one sterling isn't a striker so personally I wouldn't play him there. Navas and willy are dogshite so they wouldn't be in the line up too.

We need to adapt to playing in Europe and so far playing 442 and 4231 hasn't worked so far so how about changing formation to 433

Hart
Sagna kompany/demi otamendi kolarov
Dinho nando Nasri
Sterling kun kdb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.