Pre Match Thread: Chelsea vs City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pre Match Thread: Chelsea vs. Man City

I would be inclined to drop Fernando and play Demichelis in this game.

I just don't think Fernando has the mobility to handle their nippy forwards. Also Demichelis is a big game player. On the game itself we are at our best with our backs to the wall.

2-1 City.

Hope Kompany sorts his head out for this.

Still think we'll win.

I would be inclined to drop Fernando and play Demichelis in this game.

I just don't think Fernando has the mobility to handle their nippy forwards. Also Demichelis is a big game player. On the game itself we are at our best with our backs to the wall.

2-1 City.

The only time demichelis has played that role for us was against Chelsea at home when fernandinho got a late injury.Didn't work out too well. ...but I see your point about fernando...

Personally, I'd go for:

-----------------------Hart---------------------
Zaba---Kompany--Mangala---Clichy
----Milner--Fernando--Fernandinho
---------------------Silva---------------------
--------------Aguero--Jovetic-------------

Tempting to drop Fernando, but no real alternatives. I'm also concerned about Zaba, who has been well off the pace recently, but would need him to pose some threat out wide.

No great secret as to how to hurt Chelsea - get on the front foot, press them high up the pitch and they struggle. I'd play two upfront and look to run their centre halves hard - Terry is starting to look a bit leggy, Cahill has been shite for weeks.

We're invariably at our best with two up top, and given our absolute dearth of quality attacking options out wide, I see no reason to persist with two wide men.

All that being said, I expect to see:

--------------------Hart------------------------
Zaba--Kompany--Mangala---Clichy
-------Fernando--Fernandinho-------
Navas-----------Silva-------------Milner
------------------Aguero---------------

Etihad Dave said:
Hope Kompany sorts his head out for this.

Still think we'll win.

Its his fitness that needs improving,through injury,thats what is causing the mistakes......why you think that has something to do with his head I have no idea?

Our hands are pretty much tied with the selection; No Nasri, IF Ivory Coast go out Yaya and Bony still won't be fit enough to start I'd imagine.

(I can't see this happening) I'd start Mangala and Demichelis, Kompany is no way near looking match fit and in the Arsenal/Boro games he looked frustrated and rattled from the get go. It's not like he was superb before the injury anyway to be honest.

The midfield will need to be big, it's a huge problem since we haven't been able to use Yaya or Nasri. The two Ferns can't control the possession like Yaya and Milner/Navas are nothing like Nasri.

It will basically hinge on how good Merlin and Kun can play and dig us out of a hole because I don't expect us to come and play organised or at any moment look controlled.

Would it be an idea to play 3 at the back its not going to happen but something we should think about

Hart
Zaba
Mangala
Demichellis
Kompany
Clichy
Fernandinho
Fernando
Milner
Silva
Aguero

Hart - Zabba - Kompany - Mangala - Clichy - Yaya - Fernandinho - Silva - Milner - Aguero - Bony

Simple as that. Once Ivory Coast have been beaten by Cameroon on Wednesday get Yaya and Bony straight on the plane to London - let them relax and we'll meet them down there ready to humiliate Chelsea.

Chelsea 1-4 City

CC1 said:
rapidCT said:
mosssideblue said:
Funny, you never come out and answer any accusation of being a Rag. So I will try and make it easy for you.

ARE YOU A RAG? now the answer is Yes or No, hopefully that should be straight forward for you.
In march, when my two boys are going to be born, I am going to send you a picture with us 3 with City t-shirts. A few days ago I bought them some t-shirts, bodies and stuff from city shop; you get to choose the year of my t-shirt (home/away). Untill then, leave me alone with all this rag thing. Since I joined this site, I even see the RAG word in my breakfast.

Just post a pic wearing your current shirt - or your scarf - anything to prove your point & shoot him down in flames!! ......you do own something blue? Or are you a new fan? Even that's allowed if you admit it. :)
There are 3-4 users who constantly said I am a rag troll. So me, in my stupidity, I ve putted a picture (romanian national team, Rapid and City - t-shirts and scarfs) on an old facebook that I don t use any more - yes, I know- is very childish of me, but I hate being cal a rag or a new fan going for glory (I get it enough in romanian sites). Of course they said it s a new facebook page even though you can check it. I m a City fan since Dunne was the captain. Hope everyone will stop with this rag thing. https://www.facebook.com/rapidCT1

rapidCT said:
CC1 said:
rapidCT said:
In march, when my two boys are going to be born, I am going to send you a picture with us 3 with City t-shirts. A few days ago I bought them some t-shirts, bodies and stuff from city shop; you get to choose the year of my t-shirt (home/away). Untill then, leave me alone with all this rag thing. Since I joined this site, I even see the RAG word in my breakfast.

Just post a pic wearing your current shirt - or your scarf - anything to prove your point & shoot him down in flames!! ......you do own something blue? Or are you a new fan? Even that's allowed if you admit it. :)
There are 3-4 users who constantly said I am a rag troll. So me, in my stupidity, I ve putted a picture (romanian national team, Rapid and City - t-shirts and scarfs) on an old facebook that I don t use any more - yes, I know- is very childish of me, but I hate being cal a rag or a new fan going for glory (I get it enough in romanian sites). Of course they said it s a new facebook page even though you can check it. I m a City fan since Dunne was the captain. Hope everyone will stop with this rag thing. https://www.facebook.com/rapidCT1
I sure ain t the biggest City fan, as my first team is Rapid Bucharest, but I ve been on Main Road a couple of times (not yet on Etihad) and I do buy scarfs, t shirts and things. I hope I do count as a fan now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.