Pre Match Thread: Chelsea vs City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pre Match Thread: Chelsea vs. Man City

mancity dan said:
Am I the only one unsure if I want Costa to be banned for the match? He is a red card waiting to happen in the match against us (if he were to play)

He also looks bang average half the time, like last night, and all he seemed to do was go chasing lost causes down the channels all night. However he will get a ban, and Chelsea will be lucky if he doesn't get a 6 game ban.

An injury to Fabregas or a suspension for Costa will only make that Mourinho will play a more defensively style against us. And using the "It's the whole world against Chelsea" to motivate his players. I don't care who he puts on the pitch, it's up to us to deal with the circumstances as we have put ourselves in this position. We win, all is open. We draw and we might take a morale boost out of that one. We lose and we need another catching up act like in the years we won our recent titles.

Many people on here hope Ivory Coast will get dumped so we have yaya and Bony back. Bony will not play; he will not even have trained with the squad. Yaya than will come back from a dissapointed campaign for which he will get the countries blame as being their top player. I very much doubt him to be 100% focused and ready to face Chelsea. And if Yaya isn't 100% we all know how mediocre he can be.

Pellegrini has to go for a starting 11 that are 100% fit and have been training and preparing this week, ready to try and get back some pride in getting a result at Stamford Bridge. The Roma-scenario could be usefull. It's more important not to lose rather than try to win.

eversince 76 said:
An injury to Fabregas or a suspension for Costa will only make that Mourinho will play a more defensively style against us. And using the "It's the whole world against Chelsea" to motivate his players. I don't care who he puts on the pitch, it's up to us to deal with the circumstances as we have put ourselves in this position. We win, all is open. We draw and we might take a morale boost out of that one. We lose and we need another catching up act like in the years we won our recent titles.

Many people on here hope Ivory Coast will get dumped so we have yaya and Bony back. Bony will not play; he will not even have trained with the squad. Yaya than will come back from a dissapointed campaign for which he will get the countries blame as being their top player. I very much doubt him to be 100% focused and ready to face Chelsea. And if Yaya isn't 100% we all know how mediocre he can be.

Pellegrini has to go for a starting 11 that are 100% fit and have been training and preparing this week, ready to try and get back some pride in getting a result at Stamford Bridge. The Roma-scenario could be usefull. It's more important not to lose rather than try to win.
Nahhhhh

mansour's tow ropes said:
mancity dan said:
Am I the only one unsure if I want Costa to be banned for the match? He is a red card waiting to happen in the match against us (if he were to play)

He also looks bang average half the time, like last night, and all he seemed to do was go chasing lost causes down the channels all night. However he will get a ban, and Chelsea will be lucky if he doesn't get a 6 game ban.

It will be interesting to see how Chelsea play it... I've not looked at their upcoming fixtures but it's got to be 90% certain Costa will get a ban and if it works how it usually does, wouldn't an appeal give him an extra games ban if unsuccessful? So they will have to decide on whether he misses the game with us or he plays that one, they appeal but he misses more games...

He's a nuisance but I don't fear his quality the way I would have with other top players over the years. I think you can keep him quiet if you match his physicality - and we've got players who can do that.

tonea2003 said:
i'll be amazed if he doesn't get a 3 match ban,

listening to mark halsey on talksport, first one deliberate and if oliver and dowd say they didn't see the incident(which they should for their own reputations) then the f.a. will charge him with violent conduct.

The first stamp happened right in front of where Dowd should have been standing.....unless he'd fucked off for a few pies.

eversince 76 said:

Agree with some of that, particularly about moanreen. I think both teams will set up defensively and play out a dull draw tbh

I'd take a draw right now if I'm being honest.

Five points behind, with Toure and Bony to return, keeps us in with a shout.

Ric said:
I'd take a draw right now if I'm being honest.

Five points behind, with Toure and Bony to return, keeps us in with a shout.

Would you take the draw if Costa and Fabregas are out and Toure and Bony are back in Manchester by Thursday morning? I'm not so sure I would although 5 point gap with the games remaining seems relatively doable whereas 8 would feel a lot more insurmountable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.