Pre Match Thread: Chelsea vs City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Appointment said:
aguero93:20 said:
Mister Appointment said:
I wouldn't be disappointed with a point but I wouldn't go there looking/hoping for one. We can beat them, they have significant vulnerabilities which Liverpool showed up often enough over the two legs. If Costa's out, with all the running they did last night, we should be going there to take the 3 points and blow this title race wide open again.

Same. I'll happily take a point from any tough away games at any point in the season but if we win this it'll give us serious momentum for the rest of the season. It's going to be a cagey match and we need to set up for one.

I'd go:

Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy

Fernando

Fernandinho
Silva

Navas
Aguero
Milner

Keep Silva deep to shore up our ball retention.

That's the team i'd expect although Jovetic did well against them in the cup last season, and Jimmy was rank against Arsenal, both defensively as well as going forward, so I think it could well be that Jojo gets the nod.

Yeah I really don't mind which one starts to be honest, Jimmy will protect us against Ivanovic a little better but Jovetic is far more of a threat, it's a half a dozen job. Navas should have plenty of freedom to get forward with Azpilicueta on that side (think Luis is injured) who doesn't offer much of a forward threat himself and if he can get inside Azpilicueta he's got the beating of Terry and Cahill all day long, so he's key.

Yeah I really don't mind which one starts to be honest, Jimmy will protect us against Ivanovic a little better but Jovetic is far more of a threat, it's a half a dozen job. Navas should have plenty of freedom to get forward with Azpilicueta on that side (think Luis is injured) who doesn't offer much of a forward threat himself and if he can get inside Azpilicueta he's got the beating of Terry and Cahill all day long, so he's key.

I think Zouma will start again. Either way I think Mourinho's got a decision to make because Cahill has been poor this season, but Zouma is green as fuck. Sterling gave them nightmares. A fully fit Kun which you'd expect by this Saturday he will be, should be running them ragged for 90 minutes.

Hopefully Silva and Fernandinho saw what hard pressing on Matic/Fabregas as Coutinho did can do.

I'm doing nothing this afternoon but cheering on Cameroon! :)

IanBishopsHaircut said:
At the end of the day...we are the Champions Of England...not them...Personally...I hope we play at our best...because when we do...very few teams can live with us

We'll struggle to be at our best without Yaya and Nasri, but you're right we are capable of going there and turning them over.

Personally id take a point right now as i think we are more than capable of closing that 5 point gap once Yaya and Bony return.

Just seen this on the shed end (Chelsea Forum)

Oliver will be asked by the Football Association on Wednesday whether he or any of his colleagues saw the incident: if the answer is 'no' that will open up the possibility of retrospective punishment.

Under Premier League rules an independent three-man panel assesses video replays before deciding on any action, but League Cup regulations are different and the final decision is the referee's.

That means Oliver would be asked to assess the incident retrospectively. If in his judgement Costa was guilty of a straight red-card offence the Spain forward would be charged with violent conduct.

Costa would have until 6pm the following day to contest the decision, and a hearing would then be fast-tracked. If he accepted it, he would receive an automatic three-game ban missing the fixtures against City, Aston Villa and Everton. Whatever the outcome, there would be a resolution before the visit of Manuel Pellegrini's men.

Anyone think that we should really pressure their back four by playing both Aguero and Dzeko in our customary 4-4-2?
This will create enough doubt in Terry and potentially Zouma by having to defend two strikers. It will also force Matic deeper and prevent the two fullbacks advancing forward as they will have to tuck in when not in possession.

It might just be me, but the last few games (irrespective of fitness or not) Kun has looked very isolated and simply hasn't been in the game at all.

Two strikers is our best chance to grab Mourinho's balls and let them know who is here. The fucking champions of England.

You no what
I'm actually excited for Saturday n feeling calm about it ( after biting my nails to the bone:-) )
I'm up for us beating the crap out of chelski ( on the pitch )...
Going for 1-3 city
Come on you blues!!!!!!!

Mister Appointment said:
Mister Appointment said:
I wouldn't be disappointed with a point but I wouldn't go there looking/hoping for one. We can beat them, they have significant vulnerabilities which Liverpool showed up often enough over the two legs. If Costa's out, with all the running they did last night, we should be going there to take the 3 points and blow this title race wide open again.

Same. I'll happily take a point from any tough away games at any point in the season but if we win this it'll give us serious momentum for the rest of the season. It's going to be a cagey match and we need to set up for one.

I'd go:

Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy

Fernando

Fernandinho
Silva

Navas
Aguero
Milner

That's the team i'd expect although Jovetic did well against them in the cup last season, and Jimmy was rank against Arsenal, both defensively as well as going forward, so I think it could well be that Jojo gets the nod.

Physioroom website showing Mangala out injured with a groin strain. No return date.

Zubrman said:
Mister Appointment said:

I'd go:

Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy

Fernando

Fernandinho
Silva

Navas
Aguero
Milner

Physioroom website showing Mangala out injured with a groin strain. No return date.

Just saw that myself looking at the Chelsea injuries, he'll be a miss as Demichelis will struggle against Chelsea imo.

Zubrman said:
Mister Appointment said:

Just saw that myself looking at the Chelsea injuries, he'll be a miss as Demichelis will struggle against Chelsea imo.

Ah shite. I'm hoping it was just a niggle and he's back on Sat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.