Pre Match Thread: Chelsea vs City

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should really get a 6 game ban but I'm sure 3 will be enough for the ref who will just want to avoid any hassle.

Mister Appointment said:
Ric said:
I'd take a draw right now if I'm being honest.

Five points behind, with Toure and Bony to return, keeps us in with a shout.

Would you take the draw if Costa and Fabregas are out and Toure and Bony are back in Manchester by Thursday morning? I'm not so sure I would although 5 point gap with the games remaining seems relatively doable whereas 8 would feel a lot more insurmountable.

I'd take a draw at Stamford Bridge any time...tough place to go unless you're Bradford

All joking aside I hope we give it a go but if we got a point i'd be happy

Ric said:

we should set out not to concede and lets see where that takes us, irrespective of the opposition we have been letting in too many goals over the xmas period to now

Mister Appointment said:
Ric said:

Would you take the draw if Costa and Fabregas are out and Toure and Bony are back in Manchester by Thursday morning? I'm not so sure I would although 5 point gap with the games remaining seems relatively doable whereas 8 would feel a lot more insurmountable.

I'd take the 5 point gap regardless of who is playing for them, as I think we can claw that back especially if Costa is banned for 3+ games

It's tough going into a game knowing a draw isn't a bad result tho, we all know we go into every game playing for the win and I expect us to be doing what we can to win the game

If come Saturday evening we're still 5 points behind ill be pretty pleased given our recent form, unless of course we're 3-0 up at HT then somehow manage to draw the game :)

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Mister Appointment said:
Ric said:

I'd take a draw at Stamford Bridge any time...tough place to go unless you're Bradford

I wouldn't be disappointed with a point but I wouldn't go there looking/hoping for one. We can beat them, they have significant vulnerabilities which Liverpool showed up often enough over the two legs. If Costa's out, with all the running they did last night, we should be going there to take the 3 points and blow this title race wide open again.

With Yaya

-------------------Aguero-------------

------Silva--------Yaya--------Milner (stop supply to Hazard)

--------------Dinho---Nando

Clichy--Mangala--Kompany--Zabaleta

----------------------Hart

Wthout Yaya

-------------------Aguero-------------

------Jovetic?------Silva--------Milner (stop supply to Hazard)

--------------Dinho---Nando

Clichy--Mangala--Kompany--Zabaleta

----------------------Hart

Mister Appointment said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Mister Appointment said:

I wouldn't be disappointed with a point but I wouldn't go there looking/hoping for one. We can beat them, they have significant vulnerabilities which Liverpool showed up often enough over the two legs. If Costa's out, with all the running they did last night, we should be going there to take the 3 points and blow this title race wide open again.

Same. I'll happily take a point from any tough away games at any point in the season but if we win this it'll give us serious momentum for the rest of the season. It's going to be a cagey match and we need to set up for one.

I'd go:

Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy

Fernando

Fernandinho
Silva

Navas
Aguero
Milner

Keep Silva deep to shore up our ball retention.

Will Yaya be up for it if Ivorians lose today? I doubt it. Bony not even trained with us yet, no, I think we look to our usual squad to get a bit of bite back and speed up the attacking.

Hit them hard, ignore any upsets over the Costa business and run the game, not allow Maureeno to dictate the pace. We've got it in us, it just needs to come out again and this is the ideal time for that to happen.

Show what we are capable of away from home and grab the game by the throat from the off. This is the biggest game so far this season, if we don't do it on Saturday then we can forget it all in my opinion, it really is shit or bust

Oh yes, nearly forgot!

[bigimg]https://camervibe.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/cameroon-flag-wallpapers_32934_1920x1200.jpg[/bigimg]

aguero93:20 said:
Mister Appointment said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:

Same. I'll happily take a point from any tough away games at any point in the season but if we win this it'll give us serious momentum for the rest of the season. It's going to be a cagey match and we need to set up for one.

I'd go:

Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy

Fernando

Fernandinho
Silva

Navas
Aguero
Milner

Keep Silva deep to shore up our ball retention.

That's the team i'd expect although Jovetic did well against them in the cup last season, and Jimmy was rank against Arsenal, both defensively as well as going forward, so I think it could well be that Jojo gets the nod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.