Pre Match Thread: Chelsea vs City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluep*ss said:
Which team would you start with?
Am I right in thinking Mangala is /has a groin problem ?.

…………………….Hart
Zabaleta..Kompany..Demichelis..Clichy
Navas….Fernie (1)…Fernie (2)…Milner……………………………Silva
……………..Aguero

This is the side I would start
…………………….Hart
Zabaleta..Kompany..Demichelis..Clichy
…….Milner…Fernie (1)…Fernie (2)
…….Silva…….Aguero …….Jovetic

I for one hope we set up with one up front (Aguero) and 5 across midfield.
Against the better teams away from home our 442 gets exposed over and over again.
Chavs will try to bully us for sure in the middle so need to have plenty bite in there. Milner, the Ferns, Dave and Navas in there please...

Juan King said:
yakzson_ctid.Si said:
Does someone know of away pubs for the game. Thanks in advance

There are two types of pubs in Earls Court, ones with rainbow flags outside and ones that will charge you £6 a pint, you're bu**ered either way!

Last time I went, all the pubs near the ground were for home fans only. I think we are either going to go somewhere near Earls Court or stay in Central London & then head straigh to the ground. Anyone know any decent away friendly pubs near Earls Court?

mancity1 said:
whicko said:
Gary Neville has said via his Twatter account Costa not should win his appeal as he wasn't looking at the player, that's it then no Need for the hearing!

Every pundit saying he is a goner that I have heard so far but we will see.

Bringing it forward because it was a League Cup game as opposed to a Premiership game is a bit strange.

Don't think Mou will do a press conference if he gets rubbed out (LOL).

Lineker just tweeted it will be difficult to ban him since he wasn't looking at the player...interesting..

if the stamper and fabregas are out , then it will depend on how many set pieces we give away and how we defend them , apart from Hazard they dont have a threat. Oscar and Willian are vastly overrated they were ineffectual against an average dipper team , and i would play all three centre backs , with either kompany or MDM protecting the back four as midfield anchorman and Dzeko for his height at set pieces , Aguero to come off the bench if we are in the shite
HART
ZABS KOMPANY MANGALA CLICHY
DEMICHELIS
NAVAS FERNANDINHO SILVA MILNER
DZEKO

raymondkl92 said:
mancity1 said:
whicko said:
Gary Neville has said via his Twatter account Costa not should win his appeal as he wasn't looking at the player, that's it then no Need for the hearing!

Bringing it forward because it was a League Cup game as opposed to a Premiership game is a bit strange.

Lineker just tweeted it will be difficult to ban him since he wasn't looking at the player...interesting..

Lineker in "I'd prefer Chelsea to win on Saturday" tweet shock. Is ANYONE surprised?

The more I think about this, I think we should go 4-4-2.

First off, I don't think Mourinho will be expecting it, so that's a positive way to start. But secondly and more importantly, I don't think we need to pack the midfield in the same way as if we were facing an attacking side going all out for the win. I am 100% covinced Maureen will be playing to not get beaten on Saturday. It would be madness not to in his position, and combine that with his naturally defensive-minded mentality and it is inevitably the way he will set them up.

They will allow us lots of possession in harmless areas and they will defend deep and be very organised. Doubtless they will mark Silva out of the game, or at least try to, with Matic and Willian. I don't see them trying to boss the midfield at all to be honest. And if we play with only Aguero up front on his own, not getting much service from Silva, and likely none at all from Navas, Fernandino, Fernando and perhaps Milner, I can't see us breaking Chelsea down.

But play 4-4-2 and we have a good chance. Dzeko will keep Terry and Cahill (assuming he plays) very busy and Aguero will run in and around and in between and cause havoc.

Yes it's risky, but so is playing 4-5-1. If we play with only 1 striker, I'd back Chelsea to score on the break as being more likely than us breaking down their defence. I think 4-4-2 is our best option.

raymondkl92 said:
mancity1 said:
whicko said:

Big ears should be thankful we are making a fist of defending our title , because the other 18 inconsistent premiership clubs havent got a clue , it wont do the premier leagues world wide reputation any good , if the chavs win the title by Easter. We will take it to the last day ,because were Man City , we fight to the end

Balotelli wasn't looking when he stamped on Scott Parker, back in 2012, and he incurred a four-match ban, so it's not a particularly solid defence.

If Costa plays, big threat that he obviously is, he will be seriously under the spotlight. Every challenge will be examined in detail and you know how the Clattering fool loves the limelight. Just saying, like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.