Pre Match Thread: Chelsea vs City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Appointment said:
BufordUSABlue said:
Ric said:
Nasri could be on the bench, and Mangala a slight doubt.

Could be right there Ric, I heard from my best pal this week that he (Nasri, not my pal!) is expected back the 1st weekend in February.... This straight from MP after "An evening with the manager" bash ;-) All depends on the definition of the "first weekend of February" I suppose...

I personally think it will be the Hull game next weekend :-(

I think Pellegrini said that he's trained with the full squad for the last two days. Either way it's excellent news.

City boss Pellegrini is hoping that French attacking midfielder Samir Nasri could return for the top-of-the table match after a groin injury.
"Samir has worked normally in the last couple of days," says the Chilean. "Maybe it's too soon but we will see if he can be on the bench."

BufordUSABlue said:
Oliver is the worst kind of ref for me, a complete bottler for big decisions. in big games, watch his performances and it stands out like a beacon.

As a qualified ref I am very surprised this has not been picked up on by his match assessors ....... it really is that blatant!

Say what you want about Clattenberg, but he wont hide and does, in my opinion, get the majority of the decisions correct, especially the big ones (Gawd, I hope this doesn't come back to but me on my arse!) in big games! Come on now Mark don't let me down this weekend :-)

I think they get told not to give the big decisions unless they're absolutely sure and some of them (like Oliver) cling onto this like a limpet. can't say I'm confident at all about Clattenburg but it doesn't matter much as there are no good ones left.

Isit only me who would like Lampard to be left out tomorrow and only make an appearance if it's absaloutly needed. In a game like this there's no room for love affairs.

I doubt Fabregas will miss this game, or has it been confirmed somewhere? Should they not get fined now for calling off the press conference. is it not compulsory that every team does one?

The moaning crying one will have them fired up for tomorrow in an ''Us against the world'' bollocks. Pellegrini has to tell the lads to remained disciplined,don't dive in and give Hollywood Clattenburg an excuse to red card them. If Vinny and Sergio get their pre injury form back i fancy us for at least a draw.

The slaughtered lamb said:
BufordUSABlue said:
Oliver is the worst kind of ref for me, a complete bottler for big decisions. in big games, watch his performances and it stands out like a beacon.

As a qualified ref I am very surprised this has not been picked up on by his match assessors ....... it really is that blatant!

Say what you want about Clattenberg, but he wont hide and does, in my opinion, get the majority of the decisions correct, especially the big ones (Gawd, I hope this doesn't come back to but me on my arse!) in big games! Come on now Mark don't let me down this weekend :-)

I think they get told not to give the big decisions unless they're absolutely sure and some of them (like Oliver) cling onto this like a limpet. can't say I'm confident at all about Clattenburg but it doesn't matter much as there are no good ones left.

Good point SL and I agree that Clattenberg is the best of a bad (very) bunch for sure!

paulchapo said:
The moaning crying one will have them fired up for tomorrow in an ''Us against the world'' bollocks. Pellegrini has to tell the lads to remained disciplined,don't dive in and give Hollywood Clattenburg an excuse to red card them. If Vinny and Sergio get their pre injury form back i fancy us for at least a draw.

If that happens we'll smash them!

Swordfish7 said:
paulchapo said:

If that happens we'll smash them!

Here's hoping though it usually takes Sergio about six games to get back to speed after injury.

Citygolf said:
I doubt Fabregas will miss this game, or has it been confirmed somewhere? Should they not get fined now for calling off the press conference. is it not compulsory that every team does one?

Patrick Barclay has just tweeted that Fabregas is out. Barclay is a twat but think hes quite close to the Chelsea/Mourinho camp.

This new lad for them, Cudrado, Sky are beating themselves blind over the back that he could play tomorrow and be Chelsea's secret weapon. Don't you have to register players before noon of the day before the game? Am sure that always used to be the case?

Shouldn't be any discussion as to the back four really, experience needed. Zaba, Clichy, MDM and Vinny if fit. Only Hazard and Oscar running on from midfield which could give pace issues, but up against Drogba I fancy the guile and experience of MDM and Vinny over Magnala's athleticism.

No way that Fernando will not play in my opinion, the issue is getting Silva to tick which means getting him some space and getting the ball to him in their half, or on the counter, so he can;t get caught up in the centre too much. We also should not be afraid of a more direct ball to Aguero, Cahill and Terry will not enjoy that one bit and we've seen they can be rash.

Can see Fernando and Fernandinho centre, Silva, Milner and Navas in front and wide, Silva hopefully free role, and Aguero up top. Makes sense. Unless Pelle fancies dropping Navas for Lampard and pulling Milner to the right, maybe invite a few highly emotionally charged challenges in the first few minutes and get some Chelsea players on yellows early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.