Pre Match Thread: Chelsea vs City

Status
Not open for further replies.
4-4-2:

--------------------------Hart-------------------------
Zabaleta--Kompany--Demichelis--Clichy
Milner---Fernando---Fernandinho---Silva
-----------------Aguero---Dzeko-----------------

We need to go and win this game. Let's prove we're the best team in the country.

Go 4-4-2 and put Chelsea's defence under pressure. We could go defensive, but I don't think we're a good counter attacking team at all. We simply haven't got the pace on the break to hurt top teams.

Remember Chelsea are without Costa and have a half-fit Fabregas, this is our chance to beat them and go 2 points behind.

I definitely think we're capable of winning this game and that, realistically, we have to win to win the league.

Had they played Wednesday rather than Tuesday, they'd be in a lot of trouble after that 120 minute ordeal, but that extra day of rest will probably help them to start... but will their legs as the game progresses I wonder.

If we lose to a Chelsea team on the back of a war against Liverpool and missing 2 of their 4 best players, it'll be pretty much an official change of leadership in the PL IMO after we've had the best team for almost 4 years, and will provoke us into a big summer of transfers.

I can see a draw or Clattenburg deciding the game.

LoveCity said:
Had they played Wednesday rather than Tuesday, they'd be in a lot of trouble after that 120 minute ordeal, but that extra day of rest will probably help them to start... but will their legs as the game progresses I wonder.

If we lose to a Chelsea team on the back of a war against Liverpool and missing 2 of their 4 best players, it'll be pretty much an official change of leadership in the PL IMO after we've had the best team for almost 4 years, and will provoke us into a big summer of transfers.

I can see your point but the fact is we're not playing well, we're definitely missing Yaya and Nasri, Kompany and Aguero are nowhere near match sharpness. The extra day's rest means the Liverpool match will only have an effect after a high tempo game (sadly not how we have been playing lately).

If we lose it puts them in total control of the league but whether it signals a change of leadership is open to question. What defeat would no doubt show is that we desperately need to have another midfield option other than Toure and that we probably need another attacking midfielder as, without Nasri and Yaya, if you stop Silva you stop City.

pavelsrnicek said:
LoveCity said:

I can see your point but the fact is we're not playing well, we're definitely missing Yaya and Nasri, Kompany and Aguero are nowhere near match sharpness. The extra day's rest means the Liverpool match will only have an effect after a high tempo game (sadly not how we have been playing lately).

If we lose it puts them in total control of the league but whether it signals a change of leadership is open to question. What defeat would no doubt show is that we desperately need to have another midfield option other than Toure and that we probably need another attacking midfielder as, without Nasri and Yaya, if you stop Silva you stop City.

I'm not sure a defeat would show we need some real quality in those areas, i think we are aware of that regardless of the result.

chris85mcfc said:
Chippy_boy said:
coleridge said:
So, Costa banned for 3 games including tomorrow [http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31059345].

Should give the lads a lift. Think that's him also out for Villa away and Everton at home.

Could well be a pivotal few weeks now. Up to the lads to get back into form and the title could be there for the taking.

Should have got 4 game ban for frivolous appeal, surely?

If you aren't going to hand out an increased punishment for an unsuccessful appeal, then surely everyone will just appeal all the time.

Different rules in League Cup competition

The extra game for a frivolous appeal was nearly always reserved for players who appealed just so that they didnt miss the next game. Now that they speed through the appeals process they'll rarely add on an extra game.

I'd take a draw but my God, our win would make Mourinho squeeze, it would be such fun.

Made a vine that sums the lot of them up. COME ON CITY, BRING THE THREE POINTS HOME <a class="postlink" href="https://vine.co/v/OteEF6eHPHP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://vine.co/v/OteEF6eHPHP</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.