Pre Match Thread | City v Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS

Why are people suggesting a side to counter Chelsea?

Let them worry about US. Were at Home, not them.

Go as we did on Monday, same formation same players. (Aguero not ready yet and nobody put a foot wrong on monday)

If needs be, Yaya stays a bit deeper during periods of the game that Chelsea have some possession (and they will, all teams do)

When we have the possession, we have the players and the know how to hurt any team, Even if they park a dirty great big bus there.

Fern and Delph are the only absentees, a decision will be made whether to include Clichy after full training this week. Can't see Clichy coming in without match fitness though, Kolarov will retain. Aguero should start for me but then i dont know quite how ready he is, otherwise same team as Monday

Fern and Delph are the only absentees, a decision will be made whether to include Clichy after full training this week. Can't see Clichy coming in without match fitness though, Kolarov will retain. Aguero should start for me but then i dont know quite how ready he is, otherwise same team as Monday

Aguero himself has said it maybe too soon. Same team.

HUGE game for us. If we can beat and dominate them, the pressure on Jose is going to be massive. Couple it with the friction over Carneiro and they could get off to a horrendous start, and that could lead Jose & Roman to argue. What a way to start our season if so. 3 points against them with all this happening would be the best start to a season you could ever hope for.

FFS

Why are people suggesting a side to counter Chelsea?

Let them worry about US. Were at Home, not them.

Go as we did on Monday, same formation same players. (Aguero not ready yet and nobody put a foot wrong on monday)

If needs be, Yaya stays a bit deeper during periods of the game that Chelsea have some possession (and they will, all teams do)

When we have the possession, we have the players and the know how to hurt any team, Even if they park a dirty great big bus there.

Im sorry but this is a stupid post and exactly the type of comment and attitude that could/should (Depending on who you ask), have left the manager out of a job in the summer,
The one thing Mourinho always, always does is pick, manage and prepare his side to face the opposition and trains to suit who he is playing,
We can't afford to go at chelsea without a gameplay and showing them no respect simple cause we are at home

Cast your mind back to last season, chelsea played west ham on the wednesday night (5 days before away to us on the mon), and dropped points
I bet Mourinho was training and planning for the game against us for the entire 7/10 days prior to the game, getting in shape etc, to show us the respect we deserved at the time (9 home wins from 9 or something daft).
They laboured against west ham and dropped points,
Wouldn't be silly to suggest he's been doing the same for the game against us again, and dropped points against swansea MAYBE as a result again last week..

Match them up, 3 v 3 in the middle, as I presume he won't go with Matic/Fabregas alone in the middle.. probably Zouma or Ramires in there too, and don't concede the first goal and we could be due a win against them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.