Pre Match Thread | City v Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know Fernando's status?

curious one, isn't it? I mean, I understand he's likely not up to our standards so maybe that's why it doesn't make newspaper columns but near nothing has been written or reported on in regards to his whereabouts. No injury reports, didn't feature against Vietnam or Stuttgart, now WBA. Sent a tweet out earlier this week congratulating the team on the win, so don't think a transfer out is imminent. Very strange, and from a position of no depth at the moment I'm not sure why more hasn't been made of it.

curious one, isn't it? I mean, I understand he's likely not up to our standards so maybe that's why it doesn't make newspaper columns but near nothing has been written or reported on in regards to his whereabouts. No injury reports, didn't feature against Vietnam or Stuttgart, now WBA. Sent a tweet out earlier this week congratulating the team on the win, so don't think a transfer out is imminent. Very strange, and from a position of no depth at the moment I'm not sure why more hasn't been made of it.

He was finally acknowledged as injured today by Pellegrini but no mention up until then.

Maybe he's considered not important enough for an inquisition.

Hoping by the end of the season he will have more than earned the right to be considered an important part of our squad.

Jamie Jackson's preview from the Grauniad;

"Chelsea have suffered after the 2-2 draw with Swansea and the breakdown between José Mourinho and first-team doctor Eva Carneiro. Whether the latter will materially affect the club is to be discovered, and following City’s fine 3-0 win at West Brom, which Albion Manuel Pellegrini’s side are favourites. However, it still would not surprise if Mourinho leaves the Etihad Stadium with three points."

Did he put this through Google translate a couple of times for fun?

Jamie Jackson is a terrible writer.

I dread to think what his new book is like (it's about United so I'll never find out).

Jamie Jackson's preview from the Grauniad;

"Chelsea have suffered after the 2-2 draw with Swansea and the breakdown between José Mourinho and first-team doctor Eva Carneiro. Whether the latter will materially affect the club is to be discovered, and following City’s fine 3-0 win at West Brom, which Albion Manuel Pellegrini’s side are favourites. However, it still would not surprise if Mourinho leaves the Etihad Stadium with three points."

Did he put this through Google translate a couple of times for fun?

Had to read it a couple of times but I figured it out. It should read:
".... and following City’s fine 3-0 win at West Bromwich Albion Manuel Pellegrini’s side are favourites."

Strange really, it's not as if the Guardian have a reputation for errors in what they print.

If we win it is another small step in winning the title, if we lose it is not the end of the world and there is still time.

Pellegrini shutting down the reporter doing the Rafa "fact" impersonation was funny. They're not facts you absolute moron when you are asking him to confirm or deny the rumour.

Haven't read through the rest of the thread, but I can't help but feel that Moanrinho has played a blinder here with his team's performance last weekend taking all the focus off their poor performance and making the entire week about this row with the cute doctor lady.

He'll have his tactics to park the bus and stifle our creative players drilled into his team (Matic and Ramirez kicking lumps out of Spanish Dave), and he'll look to play for a draw or nick a one goal win.

A draw wouldn't be the worst result for us either, but I'd love nothing for than for Pellegrini to get one over on that classless cockwomble and put some real pressure on Chelsea and its manager.

Prediction: 1-1

Last edited:
I too would take a draw

on the other hand stuff the fuckers 4-0 City ta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.