Pre Match Thread | City v Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the look of De Bruyne, however where will he play? Is he a winger, I've always thought of him as an attacking midfielder however we have Silva there.

Logic would suggest normally that we need to solidify with something like the 2 Ferns and Yaya, but, I think you can virtually bank on Maureen being very happy with a point, and if he does anything but play Matic and either Zouma or Ramires as a holding 2 behind Fabregas, I would be very surprised. That makes me think that we can - and should - set up similar to the West Brom game and go for the jugular. With Stirling's speed and movement added in, and Aguero for at least 30 mins late on, we should try to seize this opportunity to go for the 3 points and build on the start they gave us at West Brom. Chelsea's heads are going to be down after their shit week. Let's make it shittier.

A few quotes from a recent article on the OS
“Whether I start or not remains to be seen,” said Sergio. “I’m trying to get there and be in top condition, but arriving for pre-season later having taken part in the Copa America with Argentina means I need some additional time.

“With the whole season in mind, what matters the most is that I get in top form and don’t take any risks.”

Reading that I reckon Bony will start.

PLEASE READ: 1894 group post on FB.

We are all looking forward to the game on Sunday so much after that flying start at West Brom and potentially a chance to open up a gap on Chelsea. It's also the start of Block 115 the section we brought together and hopefully we can raise the roof linking up all the City fans.

What we are asking (politely) is that City fans can take their seats early on sunday, perhaps 10 minutes before kick off to help us get it going inside the ground. If you are in south level 3 you will also be able to get involved as there will be things on your seats ! We see the south stand as one "end" - our "end " now.

It's all there for us. Let's make it work. Let's raise the roof !

PLEASE READ: 1894 group post on FB.

We are all looking forward to the game on Sunday so much after that flying start at West Brom and potentially a chance to open up a gap on Chelsea. It's also the start of Block 115 the section we brought together and hopefully we can raise the roof linking up all the City fans.

What we are asking (politely) is that City fans can take their seats early on sunday, perhaps 10 minutes before kick off to help us get it going inside the ground. If you are in south level 3 you will also be able to get involved as there will be things on your seats ! We see the south stand as one "end" - our "end " now.

It's all there for us. Let's make it work. Let's raise the roof !

it's admirable to see fans attempting to create atmosphere instead of leaving it to the club or to 'others', the more music/official flag wavers/other manufactured atmos that the club put on, the more people rely on it.

credit to you, good luck.

it's admirable to see fans attempting to create atmosphere instead of leaving it to the club or to 'others', the more music/official flag wavers/other manufactured atmos that the club put on, the more people rely on it.

credit to you, good luck.

Hi mate I'm an admirer of the 1894 group but not a member of it ;-). Just wanted to pass the message on to people on here and hope people see it to create a cracking atmosphere vs Chelsea. I echo what you are saying though. :)

I can see City running out 2/3.0 winners if we defend the way we have been recently especially against Swansea, who on another day could have scored 4/5.
The problem is we dont know what Chelsea will turn up, normally after a week of negative press we come out fighting, sticking our fingers up to the media & we then get a big result, but with the way we've played recently & the impression that something isnt quite right behind the scenes i'm not so sure.

I just hope we turn up & have a go, like most fans i can handle a defeat if we've actually had a go.
Am i right in thinking Chelsea fans have the same area but three tiers instead of the normal two, now you've increased your capacity?

On a side note, next week we have WBA away, in recent years we've had two managers sacked after defeats there, AVB & Roberto Di Mattieo, what odds the same after next weeks game....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.