Pre Match Thread - City v Juventus (update for injuries)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1DWBMX1.png

Silva and De Bruyne can be interchanged if needed.

Juventus have been really poor in the league. I have seen all 3 of their matches so far. We should be able to win this.

If Aguero just got a kick on the knee he should be ok. De Bruyne in for Navas and we're good to go.

Can those who think Oto should play over Eli explain - gen question guys
I believe Otamendi was targeted and signed as a key defender for our CL campaign. His timing and tackling is effective against the likes of Messi, Ronaldo etc
I don't see the need to play him against Juve in place of Mangala. Despite his experience he needs to spend some hours on the training ground being drilled in our defensive structure. If you remember it was quite a few weeks before Mangala made his debut.
If we can get as good a start in the CL group as the PL then I would expect Otamendi to feature in the last 3 games in the group stage, injuries aside.

I believe Otamendi was targeted and signed as a key defender for our CL campaign. His timing and tackling is effective against the likes of Messi, Ronaldo etc
I don't see the need to play him against Juve in place of Mangala. Despite his experience he needs to spend some hours on the training ground being drilled in our defensive structure. If you remember it was quite a few weeks before Mangala made his debut.
If we can get as good a start in the CL group as the PL then I would expect Otamendi to feature in the last 3 games in the group stage, injuries aside.

Agree, but that doesn't answer why some want to see him play Tuesday

I only think otamendi might play as European refs give free kicks for the softest of fouls and at times quim is reckless and can give away silly freekicks

Have you watched Otamendi much? I haven't but am led to believe by those that have that Eli's recklessness (your words btw) is nothing compared to the risks Otamendi takes

Marchisio is quite overrated.
I'd say that Marchisio is Juve's most important player at the moment. And he was arguably their best midfielder (and player of the season together with Tevez) last season too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.