Pre Match Thread - City v Juventus (update for injuries)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you watched Otamendi much? I haven't but am led to believe by those that have that Eli's recklessness (your words btw) is nothing compared to the risks Otamendi takes
There are a couple of tackles on here somewhere that my first thought was he will get a red for that here

Cheers mate, I was going to write up and post this evening but I think it's wise to start this thread now.
I'm just back off the Megabus and will post for next home game.

I think this will be a very tough game despite the poor start Juventus have had and the great start we have had.
Would be tempted to give Otamendi his debut and think De Bruyne must start.

Hope some of the injuries we have had are not as bad as first thought

You could still do a write up anyway, I for one would like to read it.

I know their results haven't been good, so I went on their forum to see what their fans think of their performances and apparently they been disgraceful and they think were going to do them. To be honest i'm not that confident, but if Silva and Sterling are back I will be, Otamendi will probably get his first start as well, although I really don't want us to mess around with the defence but we can't just leave a player that good on the bench.

2-0 win if Silva is back.
1-0 loss if he isn't.

I know their results haven't been good, so I went on their forum to see what their fans think of their performances and apparently they been disgraceful and they think were going to do them. To be honest i'm not that confident, but if Silva and Sterling are back I will be, Otamendi will probably get his first start as well, although I really don't want us to mess around with the defence but we can't just leave a player that good on the bench.

2-0 win if Silva is back.
1-0 loss if he isn't.
Have you got a link to their forum?

Don't bother with that English speaking forum, it's absolutely dreadful and full of 14 year old plastics, so it's not representative of what Juve fans really think. Vecchia Signora is by far the most popular Juve forum around.

Most probably.He went out yesterday at 26 minute against Stoke after a brutal start .I am nearly sure that he won't be available.Also Silva is injured and Sturidge is doubtful butt even without all three they are in very,very good form.I think that they have 5 straight wins and play very solid.We will have big problems.

ryan4.gif

We should beat Juventus at home but they are dangerous.

They will almost definitely come for the draw with the hope of nicking the game on the counter attack.

However, if we can put out this team I see us winning comfortably:

Hart
Sagna, Kompany, Mangala, Kolarov
Fernandinho, Toure
Navas, KDB, Sterling
Bony

Sterling will be more important than Silva in this one to inject pace into the attack. We can stretch them on both wings and create space for Wilf and KDB to exploit.

Might be harsh to drop Nasri but I don't think he makes our strongest side.

Though you could also argue that KDB could go wide with Nasri through the centre, which would be another fine option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.