Pre Match Thread: League Cup Final v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't really decide on the scoreline, as I've no idea which city will turn up. No doubt liverpool will morph in to the german world cup side and play like superstars!!! then turn shit again in the league.
Really want us to win this, just to shut them up.

they are that bad , that they have helped us to 2 league titles , and a couple of cup victories , YCNFMIU
Clichy was excellent in our 1st title win but has gotten worse as each season has past. LB Is by far the weekest link we have. we need 2 new left backs next season imo, Kolarov isn't good enough defensively while clichy is Awful at attacking. Both not good enough for a pep side what relies on its fullbacks attacking.

Clichy was excellent in our 1st title win but has gotten worse as each season has past. LB Is by far the weekest link we have. we need 2 new left backs next season imo, Kolarov isn't good enough defensively while clichy is Awful at attacking. Both not good enough for a pep side what relies on its fullbacks attacking.

In Clichy's defence (excuse the pun) at least he's generally okay at defending - with Raheem ahead of him he does what he needs to - passes the ball to him and provides and outlet when required. Kolarov on the other hand largely ignores Sterling, and instead tries to be the furthest forward which leaves us short at the back. The relationship between Clichy and Sterling is much better both in attack and defence in my opinion.

In Clichy's defence (excuse the pun) at least he's generally okay at defending - with Raheem ahead of him he does what he needs to - passes the ball to him and provides and outlet when required. Kolarov on the other hand largely ignores Sterling, and instead tries to be the furthest forward which leaves us short at the back. The relationship between Clichy and Sterling is much better both in attack and defence in my opinion.

Totally agree. Clichy and Sterling makes most sense, that's why Manuel will go for Kolarov.

Same set-up please. Accept we will most likely concede, sit tight and hit long and fast into the channels for Aguero.

I would so love to smash these gobby sods twice.

I can pay them no lower compliment than to say they have become our Everton, game-raising out of defiance and a sense of wrong-doing.

I can't really decide on the scoreline, as I've no idea which city will turn up.

Me too. It's a tricky one but with two offensive midfields who find it hard to support their defenders, I think it will be a high-scoring goal-fest. Liverpool 4 Manchester City 6.

Same set-up please. Accept we will most likely concede, sit tight and hit long and fast into the channels for Aguero.

I would so love to smash these gobby sods twice.

I can pay them no lower compliment than to say they have become our Everton, game-raising out of defiance and a sense of wrong-doing.

I'd certainly be tempted to largely replicate midweek (Kiev) but start Silva deeper in either a 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1. The key is to stay compact and not get stretched out; to be calm and confident in our passing but know when not to overplay in our half and get rid rather than get robbed.

I would though quite like to see Pellegrini throw Klopp a curve-ball and do something unexpected by starting out in a 3-5-2:
Ota, Vinnie, Manga
Zab, Dinho, Yaya, Nando, Kolarov
Sterling, Aguero

That would get some fresh legs in and cram the midfield. When defending on (say) the left, Mangala, AK and Nando can swarm on the man with the ball, VK can sweep up in an emergency and Yaya can jog across and pick up scraps - he is good at ball recovery - or be fed the ball if won and control the distribution; including pinging it long for Sterling and Kun to go after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.