Pre Match Thread: League Cup Final v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope we see the City who played Kiev. If we do we should win. But if we see the lacksidasical 'we only need to turn up' one we've seen way too often then it might be a long 90 minutes.

The way we set up and play plays into Liverpool hands. Defend deep as a team and that's when Liverpool look average.

Sky showed Coutinho and Firmino talking about the game earlier. They openly said a big of the reason for the 1-4 win for them at the Etihad, was down to Klopp insisting they close down fast high up the field, which unsettles us.
This is what most teams do to us now. Against both Leicester and West Ham recently we were a goal down after 2 minutes.

We need to start this game with real intent. Although the Kiev result was much needed, Sunday is going to be a lot different and we need to have tempo about our play from the off.
If we start like we have recently domestically, then it'll be another easy Liverpool win.

Vinnie back makes such a huge difference though. We looked so much more organised and reliable when he plays, it allows Otamendi to be far more aggressive. This will be a totally different game to the 1-4.

Same team that started in Kiev for me. Survive the first 15 minutes intact - I think that they will throw everything at us early doors - then I don't think we'll have a problem.

3-1 City.

If Willy Wonka plays though all bets are off.

If you sit down at the start of the season and say to the players that Joe has the shirt for the Premier League and the Champions League and Willy has the shirt for the Cups then you have to stick with it unless form dictates otherwise. He had one bad game. Joe has had bad games. When Hart has a bad game we dismiss it because we remember all the great games. Willy hasnt played enough for us to trust him

I'd start Kolarov and Zabaleta against Liverpool. They are both better going forward than Sagna and Clichy and there's not much in it defensively. Might as well take advantage of their rest in midweek.

More to it than that, having bad games in the past is one thing, playing in a cup final 1st game after an awful performance and low on confidence is another especially if you don't have to as you could play one of the best keepers in the world instead
Like some have said it's madness to play him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.