Pre Match Thread: League Cup Final v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really good news having navas back nd vinny to recover! But think bony could have a say in this 1 liverpool struggle against the ball in the air and against physical center forwards!

This Vinnie news is most concerning. Will not be able to sleep until the team sheet comes out now (or pics of training tomorrow show him participating)

This Vinnie news is most concerning. Will not be able to sleep until the team sheet comes out now (or pics of training tomorrow show him participating)

It's all fine, see below:

Vincent Kompany, Bacary Sagna and Raheem Sterling have all been given the green light to face Liverpool at Wembley on Sunday despite training separately from team-mates on Friday.
Pellegrini said: “Sagna, Kompany and Sterling are recovering separately after the game but I hope the three of them will be fit.
“Mangala, Navas and Bony are training normally and are available for selection.”

It's all fine, see below:

Vincent Kompany, Bacary Sagna and Raheem Sterling have all been given the green light to face Liverpool at Wembley on Sunday despite training separately from team-mates on Friday.
Pellegrini said: “Sagna, Kompany and Sterling are recovering separately after the game but I hope the three of them will be fit.
“Mangala, Navas and Bony are training normally and are available for selection.”

Its that word that worries me.

Clichy was excellent in our 1st title win but has gotten worse as each season has past. LB Is by far the weekest link we have. we need 2 new left backs next season imo, Kolarov isn't good enough defensively while clichy is Awful at attacking. Both not good enough for a pep side what relies on its fullbacks attacking.

neither are poor fullbacks , clichy is better defensively and Kolarov offers more going forward ,if we play a decent team clichy plays if we play cannon fodder kolarov plays , not many better left backs out there , perhaps a sign of the high standards our club now requires from players or our fans are simply spoilt , not sure which.

Option to keep Silva central with Sterling and Navas either side, Dinho can then drop in behind with Yaya.

Dinho can then be on Courtinho's case whilst Yaya bullies Henderson.

That is the sort of thing Pellers might do. That line-up brought us success at the start of the season. Must admit, I am torn on whether to include all of the two Ferns and Yaya and actually put Silva on the bench. I think, relatively speaking Silva, has been more below par than Yaya and I think solidity is what I'd got for to start the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.