Pre Match Thread: League Cup Final v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the sort of thing Pellers might do. That line-up brought us success at the start of the season. Must admit, I am torn on whether to include all of the two Ferns and Yaya and actually put Silva on the bench. I think, relatively speaking Silva, has been more below par than Yaya and I think solidity is what I'd got for to start the game.

You have to start Silva, one thing you're guaranteed at Wembley is time and space on the ball, he'll be mad not to start Silva with Aguero running the channels

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Otamendi
Clichy
Fernando
Fernandinho
Yaya Toure
Sterling
Silva
Aguero

Caballero
Sagna
Mangala
Kolarov
Navas
Bony
Iheanacho

I would rather we played our no.1 keeper in all comps full stop but that's not MP's policy. I would feel for Caballero a bit having played up to this point only to see Joe come in at the end and take all the glory. Obviously we have a better chance if Hart is playing, tough call for Pellegrini.

The best we can hope for is a Caballero injury before kick off

You have to start Silva, one thing you're guaranteed at Wembley is time and space on the ball, he'll be mad not to start Silva with Aguero running the channels

Will there be space to start with or will Liverpool close it down? I wonder if we need to win battle first and then let Silva swoop in? Glad I don't have to make decisions.

I see Kloppo played Lucas as a centre back last night.

Looks like Bottlepool will line up as....

Mignolet
Clyne Lucas Sakho Moreano
Milner Can Henderson
Coutinho Sturridge Firmino

It looks like we'll play

Willy
Sagna Otamendi Kompany Clichy
Fernando Yaya Fernandinho
Silva Aguero Sterling

If we play anywhere near our best we'll win, if not I'll have to leave early as I don't think I could watch cheering plastics.

What would you be thinking - if you were Iheanacho - to be given 45 secs. at Kiev.?. Will he feel " loved" . I'd be pissed off!.
Will never understand 90 mins. substitutions.

You'd be 'pissed off' making your champions league debut at 19? You'd be 'pissed off' with a bonus no doubt in its thousands?

Late substitutions waste time, it certainly isn't all added on. They also disrupt play. Much the same as a player 'playing possum' to halt momentum.

I was coached at City in my teens and I can assure you, game management is taught. Stopping play, cramp, mud in the eye, asking the ref how long, kicking it away. Anything to disrupt play.

You'd be 'pissed off' making your champions league debut at 19? You'd be 'pissed off' with a bonus no doubt in its thousands?

Late substitutions waste time, it certainly isn't all added on. They also disrupt play. Much the same as a player 'playing possum' to halt momentum.

I was coached at City in my teens and I can assure you, game management is taught. Stopping play, cramp, mud in the eye, asking the ref how long, kicking it away. Anything to disrupt play.

I agree with this. He could very easily have been watching in the stands and not on the list. Getting on the pitch is way ahead of where his expectations would have been only a few months back.

+ he is a pro and is learning how to play like a pro. He would have been told to go on there and hold the ball up, run it down the channel into the corner, waste a bit of time etc. I can’t imagine he was sat there thinking I should be on here I‘m well better than this Aguero lad!!!

It's great to have Bony back so we can finally banish Kelechi and his useless goals to the bench. I hope Liverpool is prepared to have the ball held up against them like is has never been held up before!
Haha

I've arrived at my hotel, just across from the stadium & have a view of a huge, huge, huge billboard of Mr Pellegrini from my window!! Brilliant, shame that Klopp is also on it but if I close my right eye I can't see him!! Plus the first thing I saw as I alighted from the lift at Wembley Park tube was posters all the way through the underpass bridge of Mr Pellegrini & then the team. Scousers were hidden on the other side!! I love this.

Anyone have any idea where I might see the team? In person rather than posters! :-)​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.