Pre Match Thread: League Cup Final v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody tell me what tube station ciy fans are suppose to get off tomorrow? Nothing on the club website about it. Don't what to be on a tube with a city shirt, that is full of Liverpool fans

Can anybody tell me what tube station ciy fans are suppose to get off tomorrow? Nothing on the club website about it. Don't what to be on a tube with a city shirt, that is full of Liverpool fans
Wembley park is best for our end . Takes you down wembley way.

I like ever sane City fan want Joe in pegs but we know it won't happen.

If Pellegrini has indeed promised Willy the cup games then he simply has to play.

The players will only respect their manager if he's true to his word. If he goes back on his word then he will lose all respect. For us it's easier to just want Joe in, but for the manager it isn't.
If he's promised him the shirt, he has to honour that promise. It would be much easier for him to play Hart, but how do you convince 25 senior pros your word is your bond if at the first sign of a problem you go back on your word?

It's much braver to select him, it's practically a no win situation for the manager and no lose if he plays Hart, apart from one thing, he's lost face.
It's braver and idiotic to play Willy, but credit to the fella, he's got bigger balls than me.

Willy must actually be s decent Keeper, he was very well rated in Spain. Although I think he's shite, but I'm not a manager.

On a side note, I don't think it had anything to do with his relationship with his Willy or sentiment, I just think he's a man of his word.

It shows me, along with the FA Cup last week that he still cares, he's still in this to win us things.
The easy route would be to do what us fans would do, he's still trying in his own way to win all he can.

He shouldn't promise anybody a run in any game or set of games but he has gone on record that its Willy for the domestic cups.

Securing a top four , preferably top three spot has to be his priority now

I wouldn't have any problem with Willy if he was in decent form

You can talk about loyalty but is loyalty to one player - who will probably be gone in the sumer anyway - worth unsettling the back 4 (a back 4 which MP will probably change as well?

Is it fuck!

That's my biggest problem with MP, he leaves far too much to chance, simply relying on individual players to have a good day. That is not management.

It's not about loyalty to a player though. It's about the managers word. A man's word is his bond. If broken, it's meanless. There is certainly an arguement to be made that no such promises should be made. But once made, they need to be honoured.
A wise man once said, "for every promise. There is a price to pay."

I've said it before, but Liverpool are the only team I'm never confident in playing. I get worried playing the Rags, but that's only in case we lose and the ensuing shit storm in work - but nowadays I fancy us to beat the Rags. Liverpool.........I fucking hate playing them, and more so since I know exactly how they'll play against us now with Klopp in charge, and that I'm not overly confident that Pellegrini will adapt his tactics to counter it.

Got two Scousers in work as well.......could be a long week!

He shouldn't promise anybody a run in any game or set of games but he has gone on record that its Willy for the domestic cups.

Securing a top four , preferably top three spot has to be his priority now

I fully agree, no player should be promised or assured of anything. Except maybe back up keeper, he's never going to displace Hadt, so he needs an incentive to be ready.
I don't agree with it, I just understand it..

I think Wednesday may have been a turning point for the squad, and if we put in a similar performance tomorrow we will lift the trophy regardless of who's in net. I still believe in the squad and there duty to make sure Pellegrini leaves on a high.

We didn't lose because of Joe and to be fair we wouldn't have lost because of Pants. There is every chance we could lose, if form is anything to go by, because of Willy.

Is this not the point though? There's a very strong case that the 'performance' against Wigan could have been down to Mancini breaking his word. We simply see this decission as fans, the manager and players see it as an occupation, as employees. They are a team, and their leader has his word and little else to controle those players.

As fans we or some slate Ya Ya, pundits call him lazy, our fans call him lazy. Do you think his team mates see it that way? Fernandinho who's been doing Ya Ya's dirty work for two and a half seasons, often detrimental to his own abilities. He'd be within in his rights to hate the guy, but who was first to jump on Ya Ya's back when he scored Wednesday night? Fernandinho. The team celebrated with him like it was his first ever goal.
Teams are built on bonds, on trust. If they can't trust their manager, there's simply no team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.