Pre Match Thread | Man City v West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having said that, they were dumped out of Europe by a nobody and lost at home to Bournemouth.

Anyone concerned they've won at Arsenal and Liverpool so far?

Yeah I am. I think they'll be well up for the game and they have in Payet a player who can unlock any door on the football pitch. We will have to play as well and defend as efficiently as we did against Palace. It's the perfect banana skin baring in mind we're coming off a soul sapping defeat in Europe.

As always if our key players put in the right kind of performances though, we'll win. Happy there's a match tomorrow tbh, nothing better than another game to help forget about a defeat.

This is the team I'd pick:

JH, BS, VK, EM, AK, YT, F, KDB, DS, RS, KA.

Potential banana skin but aslong as we defend good we know we will get a chance to score.. Aguero sterling to stand up tomorrow.. For me tho no nasri to start tomorrow didn't do anything mid week..

....................................................................................
.......................................Aguero*...................................
....................................................................................
Sterling..............................Silva*.........................De Bruyne
.....................Yaya Touré...............Fernandinho*.................
Kolarov...............Mangala................Kompany*..............Sagna
........................................Hart.......................................

The team most people seem to want to see & myself included.
* Players replaced with Bony, KDB central & Navas RW, Nando & Otamendi if any of them are still carrying injuries. Not worth risking them.

3-1 City. They've got enough dangerous players to score, but hopefully we have enough firepower to score more.

Watching them the other night, I would personally play Navas and Sterling and pick between KDB and Silva. Their only threat is on their wings, Moses would run off De Bruyne all day long. Silva looked jaded the other night. I'd give him a rest.

.................Hart........
Sagna..VK/Otamendi Mangala AK
.........Ya Ya Fernandinho........
Navas......De Bruyne......Sterling
..............Aguero................

Solid yet creative. Resting Silva, get Aguero off as soon as the game is won..

That would be my team and reckoning also. Think Jesus has to start to provide the necessary speedy protection that will be needed

The only player that frustrates me currently is Nasri. We have improved this year playing a quicker game and that comes down to regular starts for Sterling and Navas who are both very quick and direct. I’d go back to those two playing wide of Silva in a 4231. If Silva is not 100% fit then KDB, or if he is fit sub on KDB to try and rest him a bit.
Otamendi in for VK if he is not fit.
The rest pick themselves.

Lots of rotation for the Mid week cup match so a week off for the majority of the squad after this. Thinking ahead I’d like to see Fernando alongside Garcia in midfield v’s Sunderland with

Caballero
Maffeo Otamendi Mangala Kolarov
Fernando Garcia
Roberts KDB Nacho
Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.