Pre Match Thread | Palace v City

Status
Not open for further replies.
090915173325.png
Don't you think you may be leaving our right-hand side too exposed for the liikes of in-form Bolasie? Mine would be like this:
Aguero
Silva* De Bruyne Sterling*
Fernandinho Y. Toure
Kolarov Mangala Kompany Maffeo*
Hart

*I'll give Maffeo a chance ahead of Otamendi as I believe his hunger to succeed would see him through. Might not be an easy one but at some point we'd have to take risks to get the young lads playing more in the first team. I'm not oblivious, though, that this is a huge risk and then I'll give him some help too
*Playing Sterling on the right instead of the left would give Maffeo some succor, I believe
*Lets have Silva doing his thing on the left just this game and then we can always get him back in the middle subsequently while KDB should start centrally. I can alter this set-up in many ways but one thing I'll never do is play KDB (on his EPL debut) and Maffeo (on his EPL debut) on the same side. Hopefully Sagna will be back in time against Juve

It's hard to decide who is the worst choice at right back out of Navas, Fernandinho, Mangala and Kolarov, all of whom have been touted as potential replacements on here!

Don't you think you may be leaving our right-hand side too exposed for the liikes of in-form Bolasie? Mine would be like this:
Aguero
Silva* De Bruyne Sterling*
Fernandinho Y. Toure
Kolarov Mangala Kompany Maffeo*
Hart

*I'll give Maffeo a chance ahead of Otamendi as I believe his hunger to succeed would see him through. Might not be an easy one but at some point we'd have to take risks to get the young lads playing more in the first team. I'm not oblivious, though, that this is a huge risk and then I'll give him some help too
*Playing Sterling on the right instead of the left would give Maffeo some succor, I believe
*Lets have Silva doing his thing on the left just this game and then we can always get him back in the middle subsequently while KDB should start centrally. I can alter this set-up in many ways but one thing I'll never do is play KDB (on his EPL debut) and Maffeo (on his EPL debut) on the same side. Hopefully Sagna will be back in time against Juve

Sterling and Kolarov are working well I wouldn't split them up. Bolasie won't spend too much time getting forward if he's helping his full back out against De Bruyne and Silva.

It's hard to decide who is the worst choice at right back out of Navas, Fernandinho, Mangala and Kolarov, all of whom have been touted as potential replacements on here!

What, has no one mentioned Sterling playing there? The genius mind of Brendan Rodgers had him playing RB in some games last season.

Sterling and Kolarov are working well I wouldn't split them up. Bolasie won't spend too much time getting forward if he's helping his full back out against De Bruyne and Silva.
I doubt its going to be a 80:20 possession ratio between us and them as they'll still get their fair share of chances and possession and so playing newboys Maffeo and KDB on the same side might be counter-productive plus they don't need to see TOO MUCH of the ball to wreak havoc. Changing Sterling to the right is really not ideal but at this rate we would need to choose between the diving into the sea and inside the shark's mouth. Hopefully Sagna will be fully ready Vs Juve so that we can revert to the normal set-up

I'd rather go 3 at the back instead of shoehorning Nico at right back.

Hart

Otamendi Kompany Mangala

De Bruyne Fernandinho Yaya Kolarov

Silva Agüero Sterling

Won't happen though. 4231 is going well at the moment so no need to change.

I remember from Sergio's autobiography that he played left back at U-11's in Argentina when he was a lad, surely he could play right back with Bony up front?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.