Pre Match Thread | Palace v City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing to read so much panic in case we are left with no senior right back. What happened to "give youth a chance". As if playing Maffeo is such a big deal. As if CP suddenly has another Neymar playing leftwing. If Maffeo is one of the 1st team squad l fully trust him to do his job.

i have to laugh at a lot of the suggestions for RB, especially fernandihno. Pellers would get pelters
if he used some of the formations posted on here. Anyway sounds like Sagna could be fit.
It's not that easy for just anyone to fill in defence. Positioning is utmost and is drilled day in day out
in training.

MAFFEO SHOULD START! Our 2 rbs are out and it wouldn't send a good message to youth if our best rb in the academy can't get a game when the other 2 are injured. We have nothing to lose but a lot to gain, I mean, Maffeo could impress and make a name for himself and that is why we spent £200m on the academy!

i have to laugh at a lot of the suggestions for RB, especially fernandihno. Pellers would get pelters
if he used some of the formations posted on here. Anyway sounds like Sagna could be fit.
It's not that easy for just anyone to fill in defence. Positioning is utmost and is drilled day in day out
in training.

Ive heart joe hart can play right back what do ya think?

We'll play them off the park. Same as last season really, but this time we will score a few. Palace are a danger on the counter, so as long as our full backs do their job of defending and not wholly intent on attacking, that should see off the threat of Bolasie/Zaha. Having said that Kolarov looks the dogs so far, something has changed in that man. For the better! Palace 1 City 4

If Sergio doesn't return until Friday and Bony is still injured I wonder if we might employ the false 9 system, essentially 4-6-0 as we did last season when all of our strikers were injured. Something like this maybe:

.................................Silva...............................
Sterling....................De Bruyne....................Navas
................Touré......................Fernandinho.........

Not that it'll get played but an option without Sagna, Navas and AK operating as wingbacks, both players can get up and down.

Plenty there with or without the ball:

..........................Hart.........................

.......Otamendi..... Kompany....... Mangala..........

Navas........Fernandinho....... Yaya.............Kolarov

.................Silva.............KDB.......................

.........................Agüero.............................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.