Pre Match Thread | Palace v City

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to decide who is the worst choice at right back out of Navas, Fernandinho, Mangala and Kolarov, all of whom have been touted as potential replacements on here!

I'm opting for worst choice in following order: Kolarov, Fernadinho, Mangala, Navas
We have no left back cover
Delph out so Fernandinho required in middle
Don't change a settled centre half paring with 2 centre halfs who are just flying back from USA
Navas could do the job but have never seen him play there and would be major weakness in the air
It's a touch one to call though, I don't think Navas should play right back but from that List and the Impact it would have on who plays in other positions I would go for the above.

Not that it'll get played but an option without Sagna, Navas and AK operating as wingbacks, both players can get up and down.

Plenty there with or without the ball:

..........................Hart.........................

.......Otamendi..... Kompany....... Mangala..........

Navas........Fernandinho....... Yaya.............Kolarov

.................Silva.............KDB.......................

.........................Agüero.............................

I actually like the look of this but as you say it would be crazy to change formation

Fernando's comments about playing the whole of last season through pain has given me confidence,if he is fully fit now he may prove some wrong - hope he makes it onto the bench for Saturday.

Ben Dinnery on Twitter: The Guardian report that Sergio Aguero and Fernandinho are expected to join #MCFC in training on Thursday. The pair will be available on Sat

Just like Stoke fans it would seem some Palace fans have selective memory disorder when comparing the two sets of supporters. A few from Holmesdale.net are annoyed at Tolmie for saying we should win and have referred to the Etihad as a soulless bowl.

Let's see if you can sell your allocation this year Palace fans, being the greatest support in the world it should be nice and easy.

Interesting reading on the Palace forums, most seem to have time for City fans & us as a club - but more interestingly was their prediction posts, the majority seem to fancy themselves for a win, confident bunch considering our form but fair play to them, they've been in some form too.

Play like we did before the break & we take 3 points, however it will be tough to replicate with tired legs and lack of prep time - 3 points would be great but 1 point would be far from a disaster.

Gutted that Clichy is out too, even if it's mostly because of the fun we'd have with the ' Clichy is naturally right footed don't you know ' forumers adding to the right back confusion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.