Pre Match Thread | Palace v City

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't the pace of Jesus or the defensive attitude. Take Navas out and you will also stifle Sagna. Not saying Samir is not deserving of a chance, but not at the expense of Navas
Two different players with different strenghts so there's no use comparing e.g. Despite that you highlighted 2 areas where Navas is better, Nasri is by far the more superior player when you look at technical ability. But going by their most recent perfomances, picking Nasri would be a no-brainer for me.

Its not rubbish Samir knows the reasons why Navas has been placed ahead of him; give him a chance, he's fighting for his place which means he'd give his all! On the other hand, Navas tends to slow down after an odd/rare run of good form. This is what has played out exactly so far this season. Three very good perfomances followed by a very poor one was not a surprising thing to see from Navas.

No it is rubbish, I agree with @mosssideblue , you are completely disregarding Navas' defensive attitude which will be vital in this game. Samir will not track back with Souare and help Sagna with Bolasie, Navas will. Also are you saying that Navas' 3 good games and 1 poor one is a bad start to the season, his 3 good games were in the 3 hardest games on paper, he was only ineffective against Watford because they didn't attack and leave space in behind for 90 minutes, something Palace will not do. Its De Bruyne or Nasri tomorrow, not both imo.

Two different players with different strenghts so there's no use comparing e.g. Despite that you highlighted 2 areas where Navas is better, Nasri is by far the more superior player when you look at technical ability. But going by their most recent perfomances, picking Nasri would be a no-brainer for me.

I respect but don't agree with your opinion, but not long to find out who is picked.

It seems an age since we last played

No it is rubbish, I agree with @mosssideblue , you are completely disregarding Navas' defensive attitude which will be vital in this game. Samir will not track back with Souare and help Sagna with Bolasie, Navas will. Also are you saying that Navas' 3 good games and 1 poor one is a bad start to the season, his 3 good games were in the 3 hardest games on paper, he was only ineffective against Watford because they didn't attack and leave space in behind for 90 minutes, something Palace will not do. Its De Bruyne or Nasri tomorrow, not both imo.
The threat from the wings is a real one, I admit but the premise that Nasri will not track back or give sagna a helping hand is a flawed one imo. I know that navas is the better defensive minded of the two but that's not all that must be taken into account. Palace tend to maintain their defensive shape and can be a hard nut to crack and then the point about their fondness with fast counter-attacking wing play is also true so we need to consider both areas. Against Everton, Navas saw a lot of the ball but he didn't take advantage of that and was quite profligate. On the other hand, Samir came on and seemed to be screaming out loud without saying a word, 'I need by shirt back!' and was rewarded with a goal and then went on to change the complexion of the game in the second half against Watford.

Could see this happening for 2 reasons. 1. Not playing De Bruyne could stifle the amazing form he has been in for the past 12 months and 2. Nasri deserves a chance after making a positive impact from the bench and if you don't reward that he might lose his motivation to fight for his place.

I rate Nasri, at his best. But if he's going to lose motivation over being picked or not, then maybe his
attitude is not right for this squad. Not saying he will.

Only question for me is who plays instead of Silva, Nasri or De Bruyne. I suspect in a couple of months that question won't even need asking but we'll find out tomorrow whether Pellegrini thinks De Bruyne is ready to be thrown straight in.

Navas will definitely play. He was poor against Watford because they offered no attacking intent whatsoever, but against a Palace side who can be devastating on the counter, his pace, stamina and willingness to track back will be much more valuable than the attacking benefits offered by replacing him with the other one of Nasri or De Bruyne.

hart

sagna-kompany-mangala-kolarov

fernandinho-toure

navas-kdb-sterling

aguero

even if we're missing silva we still have more than enough to see of palace 2-0 win Go Cityy

Be a tough game but is very very do able going off our recent form added to the fact that their home form isn't half as good as their away form.

I'd swap Silva for KDB. But I doubt MP will throw him in at the deep end. Probably go for Yaya with Fernando covering his usual position.

0-3 city

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.