Pre Match Thread | Sunderland v City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing Pellegrini he will play the exact same team from Saturday, depending on the shape of Aguero/Silva. He will aim for a big victory to "bounce back".

Personally I want to see Roberts start ahead of Navas. Honestly, if he can run half as much as Navas AND cross the ball, then Manuel has something to think about for the season.

I hope we don't play one player from the weekend. Really need to be giving our fringe players and youth teamers a chance in this comp, regardless of the opposition. Plus the likes of Sterling, De Brunye, Aguero, Silva, Kolarov, Sagna etc need to be rested.

Difficult decision for Pellegrini tomorrow. Does he risk playing a weakened side and face criticism if we lose, or play a strong team and risk being castigated if we pick up any more injuries?

Difficult decision for Pellegrini tomorrow. Does he risk playing a weakeneside and face criticism if we lose, or play a strong team and risk being castigated if we pick up any more injuries?

To be honest I think he will go quite strong ric he has form for doing this! He will only protect players carrying a Injuries or just coming back from injuries so sergio, silva, vinny possibly sterling will not be risked otherwise he will go with all that are 100% so koalrov, diniho, kdb, bony, otemendi, imo will all play!

So, after all, this game should be streamed as even the Hungarian broadcaster has it listed on its website. I don't have that channel, but anyway, good news.

As for the game: I think, given Zabaleta's injury, Maffeo in the lineup would be a no-brainer. Sagna is 32 and he not only did play all of our games so far, but was also with the national team where he also played quite a lot. We need him fresh (and injury free) for Spurs and Monchengladbach.

Other than that, I think Kelechi and Bony have fixed their positions, as it would be a surprise if we didn't start with 3 attacking mids and Aguero on Saturday.

So I guess we have sorted Caballero, Maffeo, Demichelis, Otamendi, Fernando, Kelechi and Bony for tomorrow. I guess, because of the lack of other options, Kolarov must play again, and changing Fernaninho for Yaya (or vice versa) at HT wouldn't be a bad idea, or even giving Manu Garcia a chance. I wouldn't mind KdB in the starting eleven, though he worked off his bollocks against West Ham, he's still a fresh face and playing in the team might help him for further settling. On the other hand, he'd have mostly the 'second string' alongside him so it would not help his adaptation significantly. Also, Navas should probably play and that would mean we can give him a well deserved rest against Spurs. :) And get Roberts on afterwards.

Difficult decision for Pellegrini tomorrow. Does he risk playing a weakened side and face criticism if we lose, or play a strong team and risk being castigated if we pick up any more injuries?

If we play a few youngsters he won't get stick from me if beaten

Last edited:
So, after all, this game should be streamed as even the Hungarian broadcaster has it listed on its website. I don't have that channel, but anyway, good news.

As for the game: I think, given Zabaleta's injury, Maffeo in the lineup would be a no-brainer. Sagna is 32 and he not only did play all of our games so far, but was also with the national team where he also played quite a lot. We need him fresh (and injury free) for Spurs and Monchengladbach.

Other than that, I think Kelechi and Bony have fixed their positions, as it would be a surprise if we didn't start with 3 attacking mids and Aguero on Saturday.

So I guess we have sorted Caballero, Maffeo, Demichelis, Otamendi, Fernando, Kelechi and Bony for tomorrow. I guess, because of the lack of other options, Kolarov must play again, and changing Fernaninho for Yaya (or vice versa) at HT wouldn't be a bad idea, or even giving Manu Garcia a chance. I wouldn't mind KdB in the starting eleven, though he worked off his bollocks against West Ham, he's still a fresh face and playing in the team might help him for further settling. On the other hand, he'd have mostly the 'second string' alongside him so it would not help his adaptation significantly. Also, Navas should probably play and that would mean we can give him a well deserved rest against Spurs. :) And get Roberts on afterwards.

Playing Maffeo would be a very logical step. Sagna has played every minute so far. Maffeo was one of the better prospects with the EDS last year and has stepped up to first team training this year. He has been on the bench numerous times. They must rate him enough so why would you not give him this chance and rest Sagna in the middle of a long run of tough games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.