Pre Match Thread | Sunderland v City

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll have to double check with City but I heard you can pick some city end tickets up from the Sunderland ticket office.
Yeah mate. Just rang SAFC ticket office. They said City have posted unsold tickets but haven't arrived back at stadium of light yet. Advised me to call in later on this afternoon. She also said there is a AWAY cash turnstile on tonight as well. Cheers pal.

When the draw was made I was not overly concerned with this game. However in view of our results over the last week this has now become a significant match. Three defeats on the trot would obviously be bad for confidence.
With this in mind I am sure Pellers will put out a strong team whilst resting the likes of Silva and Aguero. Can see Bony up front with Nacho, DeBruyne and perhaps Sterling just behind..

goodbye league cup, we would be overrun in midfield

I agree, Fernando and Garcia is a second string midfield but we have to balance wanting to win the league cup with the potential for an injury to yet another key player. Yaya and Ferna have played every game and the drop off in quality after those two is massive. With all due respect to the league cup, we have bigger games on the horizon (Premier League and Champions League) and both players are key to our success in those competitions. I do want a strong lineup but central midfield is one area we cannot afford to pickup injuries. I would not be opposed to playing Sergio though because as you suggested earlier it is a great opportunity for him to boost his confidence.

Strongest team possible, get it won, get some of the fringe lads on later.
I doubt that Pellegrini will go with a full 'B' team given our injury list, but surely Maffeo and Iheanacho (and Bony, and Fernando) must start in such circumstances. Adding to that list Caballero, Kolarov, Demichelis and Otamendi means we are solved for 8 positions and only one CM and two attacking options remain a question. I wouldn't mind Fernandinho or Yaya in the starting lineup, and don't care that much which two players will play from the Nasri, Navas, KdB, Sterling quartet as all should normally be enough for a tie against Sunderland.

Of course, I can imagine Manuel going with Sagna as he didn't really excelled in bringing youth so far, but for me, this is the ideal opportunity for Pablo to show what he is able to do. Sagna is already 32 and played all of our games and also played for France two weeks ago. He needs rest as Zabaleta's return is probably still a week or two away.

All this resting players really has passed into the psyche hasn't it?
They don't have a green bar that slowly runs down to amber then red in the real world. Get the best team possible out - win it then move on - some players thrive on more game time - rest the wilters when they need resting - or cut down the training for them. Winning is important to confidence, moral and the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.