Pre Match Thread | Sunderland v City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read through, but given the last 2 games I think tonight has taken on a little more importance.

It's the strongest team possible for me, we need to get back winning football matches.

Think he'll play Cabarello though and change a few.

Cabarello

Sagna Otamendi Demichellis Kolarov

Fernando Garcia

Nasri De Bruyne Navas

Bony.

If the attitude is right we will still win. It looks like Silva, Sterling and Agüero are all on the verge of injury break downs so it would be poor if they are risked tonight.

---------------------Hart--------------------
Sagna--Demichelis--Otamendi--Kolarov
--------Fernandinho--Yaya----------------
Navas--------De Bruyne------Nasri-------
----------------Bony--------------------------

Get the game won, and then look to get Roberts, Garcia, Maffeo on for a decent amount of time.

Two defeats in a week has been bad; three would be a hammer-blow and take pretty much all the gloss off what had been a fantastic start.

If the strongest team included a not 100% Aguero and Silva it would be madness. We will have to use the full squad through the season so you have to use these games as an opportunity to get some of the fringe players some game time and rest some of the players who have been and will be playing twice a week. This game could go to extra time and penalties so we need some fresh legs on just in case.

The likes of Sagna and F’Dinho need a rest imo. They have both played every game + internationals. Similarly the players that have had knocks and muscle injuries should be given time to recover so I would be resting the likes of Silva / Aguero / Kompany / Mangala / Sterling subject to how fit they are.
I’d be looking to give game time to Bony / Nacho / Fernando / KDB / Otamendi / MDM / Nasri who have not played as much.

I’d give a debut to Maffeo and maybe have 2 or 3 EDS lads on the bench (from: Humphries, Roberts and either/both Garcias).

No idea what team Pellegrini will pick but this is the time I'd love to see.

Caballero, Maffeo, Otamendi, Demichelis, Kolarov, Toure, Fernando, Kelechi, Garcia, De Bruyne, Bony.

Mix of youth and experience the key here.

Caballero,

Maffeo
Otamendi
Demichelis
Kolorov

Fernando
Fernandinho
Roberts
Navas

De Bruyne

Kelechi

I would go 4-4-2
Willy
Sagna
MDM
Otamendi
Kolarov
Fernando
KDB
Nasri
Navas
Bony
Kelechi.

I think we need to get some players game time so the kids could well be on the bench but we will see Fernando and MDM getting the full 90 and maybe both Bony and Kelechi too. I would have Kun on the bench give him 30 minutes and hope he gets a goal he is in dire need of a goal for me as is Bony too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.