Pre/post Wembley drinks around London.

Good to see quite a few Bluemooners heading to kilburn for pre match drinks. We will be getting there between 12-1pm, see you there.

A few of us staying in Wembley Saturday/Sunday but thinking of going into central London Saturday night,anybody know of a good night out central London?i've worked there Monday-Friday a few times but never done the weekend and heard it's not the best,was hoping to catch the Quigg-Frampton fight.

The Doric Arch just outside Euston station, is a good pub. Hopefully there wont be too many mickys in there Sunday. Also if you sign up on line, you'll get a free pint !

I'm getting the train down and arriving Euston about 11 and want proper ale so need a good pub open early.
Best bet for my search was Wetherspoons; there's the Euston Flyer but it doesn't open until 12 but then
I found the Metropolitan which opens at 1030 and is right outside Baker Street tube ideal for heading up later
to the east side pubs when after a few good ales I will be able to stand crap beer.
Only problem drinking in central London first is that there might be loads of dippers about so have to play it by ear. There are some good real ale pubs in Marylebone if necessary.
Don't forget you can use contactless bank cards to get on the tube now so no need to queue ticketwise.

A lot of Liverpool trains stop at Watford so I would imagine that will be full of them. In fact it will probably be an even split everywhere.

A lot of Liverpool trains stop at Watford so I would imagine that will be full of them. In fact it will probably be an even split everywhere.

Scouse train are going via crewe and milton keynes and some idiot at virgin has set the dilly one to change at stafford or milton keynes so a chance they will be full of them all bar ours on 20 past the hr which are via stoke and watford jtn

^^^ looking through that list I'm pretty jealous of the West stand now, maybe because I've plenty of good West stand memories and my only memory of East is Arsenal Charity Shield which was shit.

Had a quick look on google and some of those places seem pretty small to me, and a bit weird, whereas there are some great pubs on the West side.

I'd tend to agree but I've had a look at a few of them and they might not be too bad. The size of them is probably the biggest issue but there's 3 to choose from on Wembley Park Drive all in close proximity to each other plus there are plenty of off licenses nearby if the pubs are full - something that may be an issue for us as we're having a few around Covent Garden first and not heading up to the ground until about 2.30.

I'd tend to agree but I've had a look at a few of them and they might not be too bad. The size of them is probably the biggest issue but there's 3 to choose from on Wembley Park Drive all in close proximity to each other plus there are plenty of off licenses nearby if the pubs are full - something that may be an issue for us as we're having a few around Covent Garden first and not heading up to the ground until about 2.30.
I wonder if the dibble are as strict on public drinking as they are on the West side (which is completely over the top may I add)?

I wonder if the dibble are as strict on public drinking as they are on the West side (which is completely over the top may I add)?

To be honest, we've never really had any problems drinking on the streets on the west side. Always stood on the grass verge next to The Greyhound and they pretty much gave us free reign for the FA Cup semi v the Rags, the finals v Stoke, Wigan, and Sunderland, plus the semi against Chelsea. The only time they seemed to get a little arsey was the CS game against the Rags (actually it might have been the Stoke final) but in the end they allowed us to drink there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.