Pre/post Wembley drinks around London.

I had a peak on RAWK the other day and a lot of them are drinking around Baker Street.

Darn. I thought the Jubilee line to Wembley Park was considered our route whilst the Bakerloo line to Wembley Central was considered theirs? It's only Everton I can't stand in that city. I respect Liverpool and have always had good banter over a mutual dislike of you know you.

Any thoughts with Baker Street? It's on the Jubilee line which is our side of Wembley. I'm convinced there's a number of fun pubs and establishments around there.
I live down here. Around Baker Street there's a big pub The Globe which is on Marylebone Road and always rammed on Wembley match days. Whoever gets it first normally covers it in flags. 2 mins walk away towards Marylebone Station is the Allsop Arms - also quite big and will be mixed I think. Finally, a small sports bar in Marylebone station itself.
TBH, I think most places along the Euston - Baker St - Marylebone area will be mixed to some degree. Mables (9 Mabledon Pl, London WC1H 8AZ) - close to Euston has been a gathering place for London based Blues and I think will be again.
Think I've been sorted for some tickets so look forward to welcoming the cream of Manc to the smoke on Sunday!

has anyone been to Baker Street on any previous visits to Wembley? think we are heading there but it doesn't seem like they have many pubs and a London friend of mine said he wouldn't advise if you're looking for somewhere with a bit of life.

any advise?

I think you mean the Euston Tap, which is in the little lodge-type building a bit further out in front of the station towards Euston Road. Rotating cask ales, craft beers etc. There's now also a Cider Tap directly opposite.
The Doric Arch is, as Ken_Barnes says, just to the left hand side as you come out of the station and make your way to the main road. Decent enough spot. There's plenty of other options on Euston Road, too.
THATS THE ONE .. the Euston Flyer and the Euston Rocket were both good pre West Ham

TBH, I think most places along the Euston - Baker St - Marylebone area will be mixed to some degree. Mables (9 Mabledon Pl, London WC1H 8AZ) - close to Euston has been a gathering place for London based Blues and I think will be again.

I've been down here just over ten years now. Mabel's for the 3-2 v Everton was immense. So stressful! I might try there on Sunday from Midday.

has anyone been to Baker Street on any previous visits to Wembley? think we are heading there but it doesn't seem like they have many pubs and a London friend of mine said he wouldn't advise if you're looking for somewhere with a bit of life.

any advise?

Sounds like one to avoid... this city desert makes you feel so cold. It's got so many people, but it's got no soul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.