Pre season in Melbourne

the talisman said:
BobbyManc12 said:
Just got bronze tickets, $181 for two, right at the back but at least we'll be there.

The cheapest ones were the Man City Active area but missed out on those, they were right behind the goal.

$200+ per ticket to sit near the halfway line is a bit ridiculous.

Snap, I tried to get 6 tickets in the city supporters bay as soon as they went on sale, no luck so went for bronze. Looks like we'll be up in the gods, might takes some binos. A group of us coming down from the far north for the city-real game. I see telstra have added $10 to each ticket compared to the general sale price, thanks telstra you robbing bastards.

Still should be a good trip and I've got 7 months to come up with a story for the other half.
Hi talisman, me & a pal are going to Melbourne for this than making a proper trip of it , we`re going up to Cairns on the Saturday for 9 days , never been to Australia before , any advice about Cairns would be appreciated .

Currently in Europe with the family but based in Perth WA. Was through to the website by 9:01am EST (I have been a Telstra customer for ages so got on the pre sales list) and all the Man City tickets for Real were gone? Something not quite right...I could get a single for Roma, but needed tickets together...anyway, ended up getting Silver for my Old Man, me and my Son for both games. Would be good to know closer to the dates if City are doing anything for fans (open training etc). Will keep an eye out on this forum for any fan gatherings in Melbourne that week.

Whilst City maybe have limited say in ticketing arrangements, I would have thought that as my family has 4 Cityzen Memberships we might have had first option on sitting in the City section for their games in Australia. Likewise for any Season Ticket Holder based in the Uk that are travelling out.

ballinio said:
the talisman said:
BobbyManc12 said:
Just got bronze tickets, $181 for two, right at the back but at least we'll be there.

The cheapest ones were the Man City Active area but missed out on those, they were right behind the goal.

$200+ per ticket to sit near the halfway line is a bit ridiculous.

Snap, I tried to get 6 tickets in the city supporters bay as soon as they went on sale, no luck so went for bronze. Looks like we'll be up in the gods, might takes some binos. A group of us coming down from the far north for the city-real game. I see telstra have added $10 to each ticket compared to the general sale price, thanks telstra you robbing bastards.

Still should be a good trip and I've got 7 months to come up with a story for the other half.
Hi talisman, me & a pal are going to Melbourne for this than making a proper trip of it , we`re going up to Cairns on the Saturday for 9 days , never been to Australia before , any advice about Cairns would be appreciated .

Cairns is a small regional city, a base for people visiting the Rainforest and Great Barrier Reef. July is in the middle of winter for us so it will be in the high 20s, blue skies and hopefully dry.
It would be a shame to come all this way and not go to the reef, if you have an interest in diving try to get on a live-aboard for a few days, otherwise just go snorkelling for a day, all the good stuff is near the surface anyway. You have to go on a boat trip though, the reef is 20-30 miles offshore.
There's loads of outdoor adventure type stuff, dirt bikes, bungee, white water rafting etc etc.

If you are young and single you will love the nightlife in cairns, get a room at Gilligan's backpackers and you'll be in the thick of it.

PM me if you want more advice on diving, I worked on the dive boats for many years before settling down.

Got tickets to both matches with the city faithful. I feel like a little kid, I can't wait.

I'll be travelling from Sydney so compared to the UK fans its not going to be that bad. Anyone else here travelling from Sydney?

I've also emailed the club to work out where they will be training so I can attend those sessions

Getting these tickets were crazy. Took over an hour today to get them processed and had to settle for ones with a restricted view. Doubt it will be too restricted though.

Just my luck - have not left Australia for 24 years.

Got a mates wedding in the UK in, you guessed it, June/July next year. Half my luck...

Idontpullout said:
Getting these tickets were crazy. Took over an hour today to get them processed and had to settle for ones with a restricted view. Doubt it will be too restricted though.

I got the same, M33 row J if restricted means ill be looking through the goal net I'm happy with that.

Cambo said:
Currently in Europe with the family but based in Perth WA. Was through to the website by 9:01am EST (I have been a Telstra customer for ages so got on the pre sales list) and all the Man City tickets for Real were gone? Something not quite right...I could get a single for Roma, but needed tickets together...anyway, ended up getting Silver for my Old Man, me and my Son for both games. Would be good to know closer to the dates if City are doing anything for fans (open training etc). Will keep an eye out on this forum for any fan gatherings in Melbourne that week.

Whilst City maybe have limited say in ticketing arrangements, I would have thought that as my family has 4 Cityzen Memberships we might have had first option on sitting in the City section for their games in Australia. Likewise for any Season Ticket Holder based in the Uk that are travelling out.

Mate I emailed the club asking the same about cityzens getting some sort of benefit which they couldn't really give me an answer. Im hoping that as a member we will get to attend the training sessions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.