Premier League and FA's Plan To End Illegal Streaming Of Football

Had a kodi for a good few months now but still don't know how to stream games, tho I'm only just capable of working this Icalculator

Nobody is "forced" to watch Illegal streams (it isn't oxygen especially when you have Gary and the Boys on Match of the Day for free), it's wrong no matter how you look at it.. of course BT and Sky who pay a fortune want to protect their investments.. BLAME the football players you love and talk endlessly about - they are the Real Villains here !

This generation is so entitled and feel like they are owed everything. Bragging about using illegal streams and boasting about never stopping it isn't going to help. I read people who post stuff like that and hope they get a lesson and the police crack down on them because yes football is overpriced but so is certain items in the shop but doesn't give you the right to go and steal them does it!? it's the social media/Twitter generation who feel they are protected just because they are behind a computer screen !
The point is that all of these companies are living in the past and think that they can still maintain the same sort of control of their product as they could pre-internet. The world is full of companies that refuse to do something, and then are surprised that other people do it instead. The most ridiculous example was of (I think) NBC in America, which bought the rights to Olympics, and then refused to show the 100m live, and were surprised to find that a load of Americans streamed it from other countries instead. In cinema, they've only just realised that if you don't release the a TV show or film simultaneously or almost simultaneously in every country, people will torrent the show. We used to have to wait weeks or months between a film being released in the US and the same thing being released in the UK. I remember Nintendo in the 90s trying to bully small shops importing American versions of their games into Britain (not illegal), because they had 6 months to a year between launch dates in the USA and Europe, and sometimes the titles were never released at all.

It's worth mentioning that watching a stream of a football match is no more illegal than watching a Youtube video that contains copyrighted content. I live abroad, so I see this a lot. I can subscribe to the football legitimately, but I'd have to put up with Arabic commentary. There's no way for me to legally get an English-language subscription. And as long as the Premier League refuses to provide it, I'll use services that do (I know people that even pay for it). It's this refusal to move with the times that's the issue. Companies can no longer expect to restrict their products like they used to. The film, TV and music industries have slowly realised this. Game of Thrones will start in the UK on the same night as it does in America. Sports really need to catch up, but they're still obsessed with these national restrictions and this idea that you can stop streaming, which unless you have jurisdiction in every country in the world, you can't.

The problem is that they sell exclusive rights to particular countries, when what they should really be selling nowadays is the rights to cover it in particular languages and allow customers to pay to access any language from any country.

MLB tv is like £100 for the year and for that I can watch literally ever single game of baseball played this year on any device I want, which is thousands. With that, I can select whether to watch the home or away broadcast, or home or away radio, or Spanish audio, or even watch it as live later. Compare that to the Premier League, where I'd have to pay a fucking fortune to two different broadcasters, to watch about 1/3 games played each week, on one TV. If I want to watch it on a device, that's even more money, if I want it on a second screen, even more money. On top of that I get no options whatsoever.

Then they wonder why people watch streams. It's a fucking rip off and a shit service to boot.

Had a kodi for a good few months now but still don't know how to stream games, tho I'm only just capable of working this Icalculator

Send a nice pm to TCIB. I watch every single City game in a HD, buffer free, on the telly, just like watching sky stream.

MLB tv is like £100 for the year and for that I can watch literally ever single game of baseball played this year on any device I want, which is thousands. With that, I can select whether to watch the home or away broadcast, or home or away radio, or Spanish audio, or even watch it as live later. Compare that to the Premier League, where I'd have to pay a fucking fortune to two different broadcasters, to watch about 1/3 games played each week, on one TV. If I want to watch it on a device, that's even more money, if I want it on a second screen, even more money. On top of that I get no options whatsoever.

Then they wonder why people watch streams. It's a fucking rip off and a shit service to boot.
Only problem is you have to watch baseball.
I can watch rounders here fir fuck all.
Not that anyone would want too

The contract was never renewed by the prem sadly, it was a good source.

We have something similar here in Oz.

One of the telecom companies, Optus, bought the rights. $15 a month for access to every Premier League game live. I get it for free as I'm already an existing Optus customer.

So if these companies start to block streams of live football do they think people will subscribe to sky and bt, there is no chance, surely they realise it's because it's so expensive to watch why people have gone down the kodi road. Reduce the price to a realistic charge, it's funny how they can reduce prices well you ring up to cancel and tell them you can't afford it.

So if these companies start to block streams of live football do they think people will subscribe to sky and bt, there is no chance, surely they realise it's because it's so expensive to watch why people have gone down the kodi road. Reduce the price to a realistic charge, it's funny how they can reduce prices well you ring up to cancel and tell them you can't afford it.

The above post makes sense to me.

Many years ago I had Sky but then was made aware of USA based Newsgroups by a relative who was clued up digital technology.
Bought myself a Dreambox and apart from tuning into different satellites I was able to get the Sky channels via the special code provided on the forums in those days (think it was CCcam or something like that).
A few years of dabbling and downloading dvd´s etc. for the kids when I decided that my spare time should be spent doing something else so returned to subscription Sky at reasonable prices including using them for phone and internet.

Then along comes the subs hike because of the massive amounts the FA get for screening games. So went for package excluding Sports but found this was increasing at the same rate as Sports so one subsidising the other.
Inevitably Sky cancellation happened for me due to their greed and/or their inability to match subs to costs so it seems obvious price hikes are not the answer long term.

Now I live abroad so the UK footprint does not allow me to get even terrestrial UK TV so that means a VPN or apps but I do think they are in danger of killing the goose that lays the golden egg if they continue to milk their ever decreasing paying subscribers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.