Premier League clubs vote against 5 subs per match in 20/21

I doubt Tommy Doyle would have played that 15-20 minutes if it wasn’t for the five subs rule.

Spot on. Think of how many minutes he could get next season with this rule compared to without, he probably won’t make the bench all season in the league unless there’s some horrendous injuries but worth this he can be on there most games and given minutes as and when. If this rule was here a few years ago, Sancho makes the bench and gets a taste and maybe he doesn’t feel he has to leave

The only negative is the advantage to bigger teams but that advantage is a result of a wider issue regarding the disproportionate amount of money in the game rather than a problem with the rule itself. It helps combat injuries and promotes giving youth a chance two things everybody in the game constantly moans about yet some don’t want it. Bizarre.

Spot on. Think of how many minutes he could get next season with this rule compared to without, he probably won’t make the bench all season in the league unless there’s some horrendous injuries but worth this he can be on there most games and given minutes as and when. If this rule was here a few years ago, Sancho makes the bench and gets a taste and maybe he doesn’t feel he has to leave

The only negative is the advantage to bigger teams but that advantage is a result of a wider issue regarding the disproportionate amount of money in the game rather than a problem with the rule itself. It helps combat injuries and promotes giving youth a chance two things everybody in the game constantly moans about yet some don’t want it. Bizarre.
I know he hasn’t played, but it was also great to see Cole Palmer on our bench. Again, if it wasn’t for the five/nine rule, he wouldn’t have been anywhere near the opportunities he’s had.

i think a better rule than just having 5 subs on the bench would be to use the 3 normal subs and a extra 2 for injuries like head injuries or bad injuries

Commentators have already stated this will benefit us. Others have said it gives us an advantage already ( though both teams allowed to make 5 subs) so them typically using an image of us is deliberate by the BBC to further plant that seed for others
It does give the impression that we are bad for football.
it would work for Liverpool if klopp truly trusted his squad. It would work for teams that defend too. All they have to do is change out defenders as they tire.

Pep once said he would have eight subs if it was up to him. That’s interesting as it means he’s already thought it through.Not sure he envisaged teams defending on the edge of their own box for the whole game.

FOC’s will be upset having to get up out of their seats for two extra standing ovations per game though.

I’m not sure I’m onboard with the fight against this.

3 or 5 subs is immaterial. Either you have a good squad or a bad one.

Those with better ones have an advantage with 1 sub or a million.

It does give the impression that we are bad for football.
it would work for Liverpool if klopp truly trusted his squad. It would work for teams that defend too. All they have to do is change out defenders as they tire.

Pep once said he would have eight subs if it was up to him. That’s interesting as it means he’s already thought it through.Not sure he envisaged teams defending on the edge of their own box for the whole game.

FOC’s will be upset having to get up out of their seats for two extra standing ovations per game though.
I think I fall into the FOC category, and it wouldn’t bother me at all, especially if the five substitutions must be made in no more than three blocks, as at present.

It will be some clubs railing against as they will focus on it being good for City... and if not implemented many teams/ players will be affected by injury. There just won’t be time for players to have a proper break/pre season etc

i think a better rule than just having 5 subs on the bench would be to use the 3 normal subs and a extra 2 for injuries like head injuries or bad injuries
Gokd idea. Could also have the option of using them for youth players. Promote the youth.

Managers of PL squads moaning it's not fair can fuck off as far as I am concerned.

Build better squads with all your money you moaning twats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.