Premier League Games 12-18 Jan '23

The difference is though he’d move here to a squad of players who know each other, who have the ethos of a family. Not just players bought and thrust into each others lives. He was never going to succeed there.

It’s ashame for him because he is completely clued up. I also feel sorry for Sterling as he’s in the same shit hole of a club.

Was he really ever as good as he was made out to be? Or overhyped.

He did really well with Brighton, for their expectations. But so did the guy that replaced him. He is terrible at Chelsea. Yet even today a sky pundit said 'it is onvious he is an incredibly talented manager with clever tactics, it jaut hasn't clicked for him at Chelsea'. Obvious how, based on what? On the fact it has been repeated a number of times by the media and just accepted.

He could have shown it with more time, or could have been found out. He has rushed it. I agree, he would have had a better place with more space here, and better foundations to work with. Doesn't mean he is good enough though.

He did really well with Brighton, for their expectations. But so did the guy that replaced him. He is terrible at Chelsea. Yet even today a sky pundit said 'it is onvious he is an incredibly talented manager with clever tactics, it jaut hasn't clicked for him at Chelsea'. Obvious how, based on what? On the fact it has been repeated a number of times by the media and just accepted.

He could have shown it with more time, or could have been found out. He has rushed it. I agree, he would have had a better place with more space here, and better foundations to work with. Doesn't mean he is good enough though.
I go off his education abroad. What he did there. Then Swansea. He didn’t get the Brighton gig, a big step up, for nothing. I can see why he would go to Chelsea but I think he was clouded by the step up and didn’t think about what the situation was at the club.
He is a football man but he needed the right step up from Brighton. Chelsea wasn’t it due to their turmoil. I think he would have been sounded out a year earlier to come here, prepared himself, and slotted in to carry on what Pep had done.

Pep has always had very positive things to say about Potter and his tactics.

I'd say this spell at Chelsea will probably have put paid to any hopes he might have had of ending up in east Manchester.

I suppose this shoud be in the 'next manager after pep' thread but I will put it here as its rcent stuff. I read at the weekend a thing about Eddie Howe: he absolutley lives and breathes football and has built up his own database of players - their fitness/their capabilities etc over recent years, videos too. He certainly has worked a miracle at Newcastle since he joined, they were heading for relegation when he joined and yes, I kbnow he has had money to spend, but he hasn't gone mad with it has he.

The trouble is, why come to City from Newcastle, because if its going well there they will give him a £100 million backhander to stay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.