Premier League Games 16/17/18/19 August 2024

I think it’s basically saying that there’s a high bar and that this “referee’s call” is going to be dished out on a regular basis.

Might as well just use VAR for offsides then and not bother with the checking of the foul/handball

It was soft but you've seen them given as the saying goes.
Agreed. The more I look at it, the more I can see that it’s a penalty. Cash scissored Soucek’s leg, albeit probsbly unintentionally.

A lot of the time, fans are absolute in making their decisions. Stonewaller or never a pen, it’s a disgrace etc.

I try to look at the decisions and see if you can see how the referee has come to make the decision. Most of the time, there is at least some logic in their reasoning. If it’s a bad call, then that’s what VAR is for.

Are those types of run ups still allowed then? I know the rule is that, as long as the penalty taker doesn't actually stop in his run up, he's okay. But some of them push that law to the limit.

There’s nothing to stop him stopping, starting , feinting or doing pretty much anything else he pleases during the run up.

It’s only once the final foot is planted that you can’t feint to kick the ball.

Paquata scored the pen but has been totally anonymous once again as he is in every game west ham play against a top half side. I maintain his betting charges that ended our interest in him were a godsend.

Agreed. The more I look at it, the more I can see that it’s a penalty. Cash scissored Soucek’s leg, albeit probsbly unintentionally.

A lot of the time, fans are absolute in making their decisions. Stonewaller or never a pen, it’s a disgrace etc.

I try to look at the decisions and see if you can see how the referee has come to make the decision. Most of the time, there is at least some logic in their reasoning. If it’s a bad call, then that’s what VAR is for.
I agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.