Premier League Games 16/17/18/19 August 2024

Paquata scored the pen but has been totally anonymous once again as he is in every game west ham play against a top half side. I maintain his betting charges that ended our interest in him were a godsend.
Yeah agree, i never understood the fascination some had about him.

I thought the penalty was very harsh, Cash got his toe on the ball as you can clearly see the ball change direction, Obviously his leg will follow through and make contact.

VAR have said "The penalty stands as there was no attempt to play the ball".

That's a lie. He won the ball.
I think that's just TV misinterpreting what they've said.

"No clear play on the ball" basically means even though he got a touch, it didn't meaningfully change the direction or the speed of the ball and therefore it doesn't negate the foul.

If he'd have got more on it, no foul. But the touch was deemed irrelevant because it made no real difference to Soucek's ability to play the ball.

You’ve just described me I think haha, I admittedly just can’t stand referees. That Fernandes offside goal was the last straw for me against us at OT.

It’s like forgiving an ex for constantly shagging your best mate
I too will never forget that offside goal. They wanted to stop us winning the league.

Oh is it?

Just a bit of a mess this whole VAR thing, If it worked they wouldn't fuck about with it as much
Think they’re trying to have the grey area where a call can go either way being “ref’s call”.

A bit like in cricket with “umpire’s call” where there is some margin for error.

Think it's just about a pen.

But PGMOL are totally fucking VAR up by raising the bar for intervention higher and higher.

I'd bet the vast majority of VAR decisions that really upset fans are the missed overturns, not the ones that are given. That's why you hear "what's the point in VAR if it's not going to overturn that" a lot more often than "you can't overturn that, it's too subjective".

Just have the balls to call out every error, even if it embarrasses referees and takes a little longer.

The refereeing standard won't improve if the approach taken is "we can't overturn every big mistake, it'll make us look bad."

Despite what is being generally reported it appears that no one has actually said the bar for intervention is being raised.

A direct quote from Howard Webb is:

“In practical terms, it ( referee’s call ) won’t make a difference in terms of the threshold “

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.