Premier League Games 16/17/18/19 August 2024

I thought the penalty was very harsh, Cash got his toe on the ball as you can clearly see the ball change direction, Obviously his leg will follow through and make contact.

VAR have said "The penalty stands as there was no attempt to play the ball".

That's a lie. He won the ball.

Agreed. The more I look at it, the more I can see that it’s a penalty. Cash scissored Soucek’s leg, albeit probsbly unintentionally.

A lot of the time, fans are absolute in making their decisions. Stonewaller or never a pen, it’s a disgrace etc.

I try to look at the decisions and see if you can see how the referee has come to make the decision. Most of the time, there is at least some logic in their reasoning. If it’s a bad call, then that’s what VAR is for.

You’ve just described me I think haha, I admittedly just can’t stand referees. That Fernandes offside goal was the last straw for me against us at OT.

It’s like forgiving an ex for constantly shagging your best mate

I can never understand players bitching to the ref when they're going off at HT. The decision isn't going to change, is it? Same with managers whinging to the 4th official about a decision the ref has made out in the middle. What do they expect the 4th official to do; go out on the pitch and overrule the referee?

I can never understand players bitching to the ref when they're going off at HT. The decision isn't going to change, is it? Same with managers whinging to the 4th official about a decision the ref has made out in the middle. What do they expect the 4th official to do; go out on the pitch and overrule the referee?
Players do it to get in the officials ear. Basically get in his head to make him think he got it wrong and hopefully he'll give one the other way at some stage in the game.

It can definitely be effective, Something none of us like to see in the game although it happens all the time.

Think it's just about a pen.

But PGMOL are totally fucking VAR up by raising the bar for intervention higher and higher.

I'd bet the vast majority of VAR decisions that really upset fans are the missed overturns, not the ones that are given. That's why you hear "what's the point in VAR if it's not going to overturn that" a lot more often than "you can't overturn that, it's too subjective".

Just have the balls to call out every error, even if it embarrasses referees and takes a little longer.

The refereeing standard won't improve if the approach taken is "we can't overturn every big mistake, it'll make us look bad."

Agreed. The more I look at it, the more I can see that it’s a penalty. Cash scissored Soucek’s leg, albeit probsbly unintentionally.

A lot of the time, fans are absolute in making their decisions. Stonewaller or never a pen, it’s a disgrace etc.

I try to look at the decisions and see if you can see how the referee has come to make the decision. Most of the time, there is at least some logic in their reasoning. If it’s a bad call, then that’s what VAR is for.

He grabbed at him, a slight pull on the shirt and a little shove, as well as the tangle of legs. Some refs might not give it but it was clumsy.

I thought the penalty was very harsh, Cash got his toe on the ball as you can clearly see the ball change direction, Obviously his leg will follow through and make contact.

VAR have said "The penalty stands as there was no attempt to play the ball".

That's a lie. He won the ball.

Where have you seen that the VAR has said that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.