Premier League Games 16/17/18/19 August 2024

Alan Smith said that’s what he heard the VAR say.

“Although he got a touch of the ball, there was no attempt to play it”, which I guess means the VAR thinks that the ball being touched by Cash was a fluke.
Dunno about that though, you can see him attempt to go for the ball but couldn't get to it because there was contact with the player.

I think that's just TV misinterpreting what they've said.

"No clear play on the ball" basically means even though he got a touch, it didn't meaningfully change the direction or the speed of the ball and therefore it doesn't negate the foul.

If he'd have got more on it, no foul. But the touch was deemed irrelevant because it made no real difference to Soucek's ability to play the ball.

Dunno about that though, you can see him attempt to go for the ball but couldn't get to it because there was contact with the player.
I agree. I think BBP has nailed the interpretation.

Looks like Angel Gomes has been knocked out cold.

Hopefully not too serious, I wouldn't mind us taking a look at Gomes down the line, was superb for the U21s when they won the Euros in the holding role.

Think Rogers at Villa is one we may have been a bit too quick to get rid of aswell he has a lot of ability.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.