Premier League Games 16/17/18/19 August 2024

Soucek was being clever too getting his leg across Cash to make sure that there's contact. I thought it was very harsh personally.
Me too.
There wasn't really a discussion about it on NBC, Tim Howard said nailed on. I was surprised, perhaps they know more about the new VAR rules than i do.

I think that's just TV misinterpreting what they've said.

"No clear play on the ball" basically means even though he got a touch, it didn't meaningfully change the direction or the speed of the ball and therefore it doesn't negate the foul.

If he'd have got more on it, no foul. But the touch was deemed irrelevant because it made no real difference to Soucek's ability to play the ball.
Personally I thought the ball clearly changed direction, He didn't get massive contact on the ball although he did get his toe to it.

The had hold of each other too and it was all a bit clumsy, Soucek knew what he was doing too leaving his leg dangling to get contact.

It's one of those that's up for debate, ME personally I think it's harsh.

Oh is it?

Just a bit of a mess this whole VAR thing, If it worked they wouldn't fuck about with it as much
The problem is not VAR it is PGMOL, they are fucking useless.

Why can’t they use the semi-automatic offside equipment that was used all through the European Championships? Are they working out a way to manipulate it?

Think they’re trying to have the grey area where a call can go either way being “ref’s call”.

A bit like in cricket with “umpire’s call” where there is some margin for error.

Yeah I was thinking on the same lines.

Will bring up the same problems though, one game refs call, next game not for a similar incident.

sorry for off-topic ,but anyone knows what happened inreims vs lille game?? seems like another very serious injury

Yeah I was thinking on the same lines.

Will bring up the same problems though, one game refs call, next game not for a similar incident.
That’ll never go away unless refs become robots and why the debate about where the VAR bar should be, if anywhere, will rage on ad infinitum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.