Premier League Games 20/21/22/April

Just to be clear here, I am not talking about "small" team I have nothing against team sitting back in some games but Burnley is something different. They dont think about playing football its all about a battle, winning at all costs whats the point ? , whats there goal ? its the same as Stoke under Pulis it didnt get them anywere.

The point is survival and all the money that comes from being a premier league team. Also the kudos and chance to compete and test themselves at the highest level. Whether that makes their fans happy or not is another matter.

I remember when we were kind of established in the premier league after years of relegations and promotions. We were in the new stadium and pulling in crowds of 40k+. We had the odd victory against top four clubs and the rags but the chance of being taken over and/or getting a massive cash injection seemed like an impossible dream.

One day it hit me like a crushing depressing sledgehammer. The top four were almost the same each year. The extra 25 million minimum they made at the tine for being in it just meant the gap grew bigger and bigger. The title and most of the trophies were shared out mainly amongst the same few clubs every year. Super Sundays, title deciders, cup finals, champions league football just didn't involve us and never would. We were just there to make up the numbers, cannon fodder if you like. Sure we would turn a top team over now and then but at the end of the season they wouldn't care less as they lifted another trophy. I never remember then anyone saying it wasn't fair, other teams couldn't compete, it was boring the sane teams continually winning everything all the time. No it was all wall to wall glory glory ranked down our throats, but I am digressing slightly.

Do other teams fans feel the sane that this is their fate if they stay in the so called promised land of the premier league. It is a sobering moment when the truth hits you, as it was for me.

The point is survival and all the money that comes from being a premier league team. Also the kudos and chance to compete and test themselves at the highest level. Whether that makes their fans happy or not is another matter.

I remember when we were kind of established in the premier league after years of relegations and promotions. We were in the new stadium and pulling in crowds of 40k+. We had the odd victory against top four clubs and the rags but the chance of being taken over and/or getting a massive cash injection seemed like an impossible dream.

One day it hit me like a crushing depressing sledgehammer. The top four were almost the same each year. The extra 25 million minimum they made at the tine for being in it just meant the gap grew bigger and bigger. The title and most of the trophies were shared out mainly amongst the same few clubs every year. Super Sundays, title deciders, cup finals, champions league football just didn't involve us and never would. We were just there to make up the numbers, cannon fodder if you like. Sure we would turn a top team over now and then but at the end of the season they wouldn't care less as they lifted another trophy. I never remember then anyone saying it wasn't fair, other teams couldn't compete, it was boring the sane teams continually winning everything all the time. No it was all wall to wall glory glory ranked down our throats, but I am digressing slightly.

Do other teams fans feel the sane that this is their fate if they stay in the so called promised land of the premier league. It is a sobering moment when the truth hits you, as it was for me.
I dont think that you understand my point, we were never like Burnley not even under Pearce, you can survive in this league without behaving like Burnley, they are everything thats bad about football. And I dont understand why they get so much credit, it is just strange.

I dont think that you understand my point, we were never like Burnley not even under Pearce, you can survive in this league without behaving like Burnley, they are everything thats bad about football. And I dont understand why they get so much credit, it is just strange.

We weren't far off it under Pearce trust me.

We weren't far off it under Pearce trust me.
comon dude you must know thats not even close. just look at Burnley the have just over 100 accurate passes at home against Huddersfield, they have lowest number of passes of all the teams , they juat dont want too play football. There time vaisting is something else. I like football for football and they juat dont play it.

comon dude you must know thats not even close. just look at Burnley the have just over 100 accurate passes at home against Huddersfield, they have lowest number of passes of all the teams , they juat dont want too play football. There time vaisting is something else. I like football for football and they juat dont play it.

Did you ever watch us play under Pearce? We did what we had to to survive and trust me it wasn't pretty. In fact I think we still hold the record for the lowest number of goals scored at home in the premier league. Now think of all the poor teams that have been in the premier league and they all scored more goals at home than us.

No goals at home for 6 months of football. 10 home goals scored all season. For half a bloody season, we got a 0-0 or we got fuck all.

Did you ever watch us play under Pearce? We did what we had to to survive and trust me it wasn't pretty. In fact I think we still hold the record for the lowest number of goals scored at home in the premier league. Now think of all the poor teams that have been in the premier league and they all scored more goals at home than us.
It has nothing to do about playing shit football , we tried to play but we were shit and yes I saw most matches on TV , I live in Iceland . The different is the way they play , anyway I hate it can we not just leave it at that.

What is "killing" football is not to much money but a manager like the ginger twat and team playing football like Burnley and getting a credit doing it.
Yes, yes, yes, I hate Burnley and their Neanderthal Manager. They are a horrible team of thugs playing horrible football in front of horrible fans. I was really hoping they would get relegated this season.

They are going to try to kick us out of the park when we play them. I’m not looking forward to it at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.