Premier League Games 21/22/23 Jan '23

How many times in our title winning seasons have we scored that type of goal to pinch a result at the death....mark of champions people always said.
Well finally many people might start taking Arsenal seriously....playing good football, team absolutely together....running through brick walls for each other....
We are going to have to beat them twice and still be perfect to win the league from here as I cant see many other teams getting anything from them
How many times have Arsenal pinched a result at the death? Mark of champions is doing it regularly, not just in the odd game. United didn't play particularly well today, poor defence and still nearly held on. I don't necessarily think we're going to have to beat them twice, they could get beat anywhere. Best team doesn't always win the match, if we don't know that by now we never will.

you can see Arsenal gaining extra, added momentum from beating Spurs away then United at home. thats very big 6 points.
they have 5 points lead plus 1 game in hand.

there is huge pressure on us now to keep winning.

Spurs away up next in league, while Arsenal will go and overturn a shit Everton before we play Spurs so basically we will be 8 points behind.
There is huge pressure on them to keep winning too. 5 points is nothing, lose one and draw one and the 5 points is gone. They dropped 6 in the last 2 games last season (last time I'll mention it folks). There are over 50 points to play for.

We could do a double over Arsenal(which is a huge ask). And they would still be ahead. That's how big the gap is. We have to be realistic with our expectations.
No they wouldn't. Game in hand means nothing until they win it.

Frankly I'm ashamed at how many of you are bottling it already, post-match threads when we lose are not this bad.

First, let me say that I do firmly believe that we can catch them. Just over half the season gone, and they're looking good. People kept expecting Leicester to fade and they didn't. And this Arsenal team is better than that. But we can catch them, of course.
The comparison with 2011-12 is a doubtful one, though, in my view. United had an aging team, playing way above its real value, driven on by a slave driver. They were gorged with twenty years of success in all competitions. We had a youngish team, with players just coming to their peak or rising towards it, who were fiercely hungry.
It could be argued that we are now in the position of United in terms of their mindset then and Arsenal are in ours. That wouldn't be true either. We have plenty of young or youngish players, and we haven't had twenty years of success, far from it. Nor have Arsenal had to wait decades for any kind of trophy. Far from it.
I think a better indicator is the more recent seasons against Liverpool. We held our nerve against a very good Liverpool team in 2019 and 2022. We had a thirteen point lead as late as January 2022, and we thought we were impregnable. And that January was of course later than this January, in terms of the season. Even taking into account their two games in hand, the dippers shaved it away to one point and, let's be honest, gave us a bloody good run for our money. But we just held them off. This team has a terrific mentality.
Nothing is written yet. If they beat us in their two league games against us, you've got to hold your hands up. They've beaten or drawn against all the top teams. Except the one that counts the most.
Looking forward to Friday. Really glad we've got this one against them.

Arsenal win is the best result today because I think arsenal are not ready, when you lose you reset and look at why you lost and up your game. Arsenal remind me of that Liverpool team under Rogers, they were flying until they smelt the winning line, you become tight and fear of losing because you are running out of games and one mistake in the run in is all it takes,
Um...no. Never good to drop 3 more points behind and rag win wouldn't have bothered me because they're not going to win anything else. Arse have 5 points and a game in hand so it takes more than one mistake...considerably more if we don't take points off them. But I do agree that they'll bottle it, surprised they're favourites with this long to go TBH.

Agreed but I think you're underestimating Arteta and this Arsenal team. I don't see a weakness in this Arsenal side. The only way they will concede this lead is if they get an injury or two to key players. They've only leaked 16 goals, only Newcastle are better. If we were playing in top form I'd feel more confident but we're not. Peps changing the team way to much for us to find any kind've consistency. It's because of that that we look like the team that will drop points which we cant afford to.

The best team will win the league. Whether it's us, Arsenal, or even the rags, whoever finishes top will deserve it.

Assuming Arsenal will win their game in hand, we're currently only 2 points off getting the title race back in our own hands. At the moment, the ball is in their court, and they have the impetus. Beat them twice in the league and we're right back in it.

If we (or anyone else) overhaul Arsenal this year, it would be a fantastic and well deserved achievement. It's theirs to lose.

Do we really have the hunger? We've not been at our best in the first half of the season, so we've made it harder for ourselves. It's up to our players to go the extra mile.

My main concern is that Pep and the players may mentally opt to put all our eggs in the CL basket if we drop two points against Arsenal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.