Premier League Games 6/7/8 May '23

I think they are very similar, as one player only had designs to play the ball, whilst the other only had designs to play the man (or, more accurately, make the man play them).

The Soton player, like Partey, could see the entire way that the Forest player was going to kick the ball, and intentionally ran in at the very last second to get kicked.

It’s a cunts trick and it is against the spirit of the law.

I do agree it’s snide and against the spirit of things. Like others have said, it seems to be happening more all of a sudden - would like to see an exception in the rules along the lines of people deliberately putting themselves in the line of a clearing player without designs to play the ball. Could be hard to police though in some cases.

I do agree it’s snide and against the spirit of things. Like others have said, it seems to be happening more all of a sudden - would like to see an exception in the rules along the lines of people deliberately putting themselves in the line of a clearing player without designs to play the ball. Could be hard to police though in some cases.
Agreed, it would be difficult to implement in practice. But so are the recent offside and handball changes, and that hasn’t stopped IFAB or PGMOL. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.