Premier League investigation unit

I don’t know enough about this to have a worthwhile opinion. But committing a criminal act has never really been a prerequisite for a club handing out stadium bans.

I’m pretty sure that smoking in the open air on the spirals isn’t breaking the law but City/ the coucil have decided it’s against the rules, so people have been banned for it.
Smoking on the spirals is within Citys ground and therefore is against City's rules allowing you entry to the stadium.
Posting a view on social media that is not against the laws of the land and is not related to football is a totally different matter.
Within my wider family I have a family member who is a lesbian and 2 that are transvestites. I am very open minded and accepting about someone's sexuality, I am also accepting of someone else's viewpoint. This is way over the top and you wonder which rabbit hole we are going down.

Last edited:
I don’t know enough about this to have a worthwhile opinion. But committing a criminal act has never really been a prerequisite for a club handing out stadium bans.

I’m pretty sure that smoking in the open air on the spirals isn’t breaking the law but City/ the coucil have decided it’s against the rules, so people have been banned for it.
Perhaps this woman deserved a ban. But surely the issue here is that the PL apparently has a unit of people dedicated to spying on fans by tracking their social media activity going back years. No matter how obnoxius her personal views are I haven't read anything that suggests she has misbehaved in the stadium. It does seem pretty sinister, especially as the police didn't pursue it.

Smoking on the spirals is within Citys ground and therefore is against City's rules allowing you entry to the stadium.
Posting a view on social media that is not against the laws of the land and is not related to football is a totally different matter.
Within my wider family I have a family member who is a lesbian and 2 that are transvestites. I am very open minded and accepting about someone's sexuality, I am also accepting of someone else's viewpoint. This is way over the top and youvwonder which rabbit hoke we are going down.

Not disagreeing with any of that. Just that in a previous post you seemed to be suggesting that unless you’ve been convicted of a crime, there should be no bans from football grounds. Which does happen regularly. That’s all. I’m not getting into specifics here.

Perhaps this woman deserved a ban. But surely the issue here is that the PL apparently has a unit of people dedicated to spying on fans by tracking their social media activity going back years. No matter how obnoxius her personal views are I haven't read anything that suggests she has misbehaved in the stadium. It does seem pretty sinister, especially as the police didn't pursue it.
There have been issues discussed on this thread that will be prioritised differently to others.

However, for me, I'll agree, that the existence of this 'unit' is significant. Very sinister indeed.

Hi all.

Newcastle fan here, I only came on to see what your fans were thinking about the new FFP rules for the Premier League and came in here and saw this.

Anyway, I’m confident that there is no Premier League snoopers.
What that lass has said has been on Twitter, everything from where she works, to what she’s said etc is on Twitter. To make it worse her Twitter page, including her name is all NUFC orientated, she has created her whole profile surrounded about Newcastle.

The things she has said have been terrible, and she’s not being forthcoming with what she said. She has actually said things such as: ‘Trans people are grooming kids’ and other terrible things.
She has teamed up with a far right group whose aim is to legalise all sorts of bigoted behaviour and allow people to have extremist views. They are funding her legal challenges, and promoting her PR. For example she is teaming up with the likes of GB News etc.

Hi all.

Newcastle fan here, I only came on to see what your fans were thinking about the new FFP rules for the Premier League and came in here and saw this.

Anyway, I’m confident that there is no Premier League snoopers.
What that lass has said has been on Twitter, everything from where she works, to what she’s said etc is on Twitter. To make it worse her Twitter page, including her name is all NUFC orientated, she has created her whole profile surrounded about Newcastle.

The things she has said have been terrible, and she’s not being forthcoming with what she said. She has actually said things such as: ‘Trans people are grooming kids’ and other terrible things.
She has teamed up with a far right group whose aim is to legalise all sorts of bigoted behaviour and allow people to have extremist views. They are funding her legal challenges, and promoting her PR. For example she is teaming up with the likes of GB News etc.
@Chris-NCL As someone who defended her let me ask you this....
Is there a clear distinction between her being Newcastle fan and her having those views or, has she interwoven them ? I ask because I defended her on the basis that if the 2 are separate and she haas not broken any laws, then the banning order is ott. If however her posts imply it is a Newcastle fan view, the she (and me) are wrong.

Within my wider family I have a family member who is a lesbian and 2 that are transvestites. I am very open minded and accepting about someone's sexuality, I am also accepting of someone else's viewpoint. This is way over the top and you wonder which rabbit hole we are going down.

True, the lady in question was interviewed by the police and they decided no criminal act had been committed. It wasn't even put to the cps. So she's been banned for somebody's hurt feelings she disagreed with.

I meant in the courts. Maybe I should have said sue. The police say she broke no laws and while she has been in the ground she hasn't caused any trouble. Surely they can't ban someone for what they think?

Edit: If they can, then I am in trouble. I think everyone is a ****. I won't be allowed to go anywhere :)
I could be safe then, as a FOC from CBL3, I only think refs are cunts.

@Chris-NCL As someone who defended her let me ask you this....
Is there a clear distinction between her being Newcastle fan and her having those views or, has she interwoven them ? I ask because I defended her on the basis that if the 2 are separate and she haas not broken any laws, then the banning order is ott. If however her posts imply it is a Newcastle fan view, the she (and me) are wrong.
The Twitter account she posted the stuff from is an account with her whole persona all about NUFC. The vast majority if not all the content is all about NUFC. Her pictures are all Newcastle related, including her profile picture, often showing her attending games or watching games.
Even her Twitter handle has NUFC in it, so she comes up whenever NUFC is searched on Twitter.

For what it’s worth, during lock down, her and a few other of our female fans on Twitter gained a bit of a following. Some self styled media personality who is a Newcastle fan, who also happens to be a massive whopper took them in and they ended up doing a weekly YouTube podcast thing. Somewhere down the line he decided to give Tommy Robinson an interview, because he also does true crime stuff. Her and the other girls rightfully said that they couldn’t be associated with that, so left his podcast/youtube thing. This resulted in a massive fallout between him and them, as well as some of his mates he also does his YouTube videos with. One of them on his show insulted them, and called her the D insult word for a lesbian. Rightfully she wasn’t happy about it, and cried all over Twitter about how she was being abused for who she was. Absolutely astounding that she actually knows and has went through similar persecution for being who she was, yet is prepared to bully down on others.

True, the lady in question was interviewed by the police and they decided no criminal act had been committed. It wasn't even put to the cps. So she's been banned for somebody's hurt feelings she disagreed with.
In the clubs view, and also my view, they will surely have a duty of care to other supporters.
She might not have crossed a legal threshold, maybe that’s down to the law not catching up with the emergence of a bigger trans community, but clearly the club see’s her as a potential threat to any trans people who attend games and/or are in the vicinity of the stadium.
She may not have crossed that legal threshold, but I guess it’s similar to someone who says stuff that can be considered racist, but not crossing the threshold to be a legal matter, you still don’t want them anywhere near you.

On top of this, naturally our image is under a microscope right now, I’m guessing you guys know what that’s like. It’s no surprise that the club would want to distance themselves from people like her with views like hers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.