Premier League meeting to discuss salary cap?

but once the majority are yank owned and vote for rule changes the weak will follow hoping they care about them
Yeah, I get that. Just pointing out that hoping The FA will step in to tell them they're all mad is a waste of time. It's nothing to do with them.

Salary caps may end up ruining the megastar appeal of the Prem. I suspect the Prem sees the Arabian Leagues as a huge competitor, with no FFP or budget constraints. To develop the Prem, the homegrown talent and balance books, a salary cap would be good. BUT, to compete in Europe it would make things more competitive for all. Could be a good thing. Could be a bad thing with brown envelopes and gifts on the rise. Football's landscape is a mess though. I'd welcome a few caps, if it meant no more £100m transfers earning a lifetime's salary in a week, whilst a family with a kid in Newton Heath struggles to find fruit and veg for dinner, so be it. The money in football is preposterous.

Salary caps may end up ruining the megastar appeal of the Prem. I suspect the Prem sees the Arabian Leagues as a huge competitor, with no FFP or budget constraints. To develop the Prem, the homegrown talent and balance books, a salary cap would be good. BUT, to compete in Europe it would make things more competitive for all. Could be a good thing. Could be a bad thing with brown envelopes and gifts on the rise. Football's landscape is a mess though. I'd welcome a few caps, if it meant no more £100m transfers earning a lifetime's salary in a week, whilst a family with a kid in Newton Heath struggles to find fruit and veg for dinner, so be it. The money in football is preposterous.

I don't see the threat of the Arabian league with regards to wages as a genuine thing.

I wonder what the Regulator’s position would be on any wage cap. Especially if it’s designed to tilt the playing field in favour of clubs with the highest revenue. The whole thing stinks just like “UEFA coefficients” and all that shit and yet the cheeky bastards try to call us “cheats”.

The more you interfere with market norms, the worse things become. Adam Smith, the father of free markets said restrictions were the sure way to conspiracies in smoke filled rooms. I am sure he was right.

The more you interfere with market norms, the worse things become. Adam Smith, the father of free markets said restrictions were the sure way to conspiracies in smoke filled rooms. I am sure he was right.

Markets need regulation, capitalism gone wild has fucked a lot of the planet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.