Premier League meeting to discuss salary cap?

This is simply another way at getting at Manchester City by the establishment. Simply because Manchester City are a very well run club, perhaps if other clubs were run the same they may benefit but that far to simple to understand for some. There has always been a divide of some nature but the only difference is now that the way City is run is effecting the so called elite and they dont like it. The media will be all over it as well simply because their revenue will also be effected If and when City dominate the pages instead of their beloved red top etc..

Markets need regulation, capitalism gone wild has fucked a lot of the planet.
Regulation is decidedly NOT the same as interference with market norms. Those who advocate, for example “regulation” of prices are making a major categorical error.
In football’s case, ”regulation“ of spending has already blocked the progress of the unprivileged clubs to the benefit of G14 etc. “Regulation” of wages in US sports has led to strikes, with a complete shutdown of one sport for an entire season and the grotesque phenomenon of cities bidding to pay for stadia and more besides to pinch a franchise from another.
And who loses most from all this? The fans of course.
Compare with genuine regulation in UK football which has led, inter alia, to super safe modern stadia. Bloody Thatcher!

Last edited:
Regulation is decidedly NOT the same as interference with market norms. Those who advocate, for example “regulation” of prices are making a major categorical error.
In football’s case, ”regulation“ of spending has already blocked the progress of the unprivileged clubs to the benefit of G14 etc. “Regulation” of wages in US sports has led to strikes, with a complete shutdown of one sport for an entire season and the grotesque phenomenon of cities bidding to pay for stadia and more besides to pinch a franchise from another.
And who loses most from all this? The fans of course.
Compare with genuine regulation in UK football which has led, inter alia, to super safe modern stadia. Bloody Thatcher!

US bidding for teams aside, I actually think there is a lot of good elements to those models. Drafts and salary caps do actually allow for different teams to compete across the board, where good recruitment and player development sets teams up for run at play offs etc.

If we had a 'salary cap' in place, then you have a much more even playing field regardless of the size of club.

US bidding for teams aside, I actually think there is a lot of good elements to those models. Drafts and salary caps do actually allow for different teams to compete across the board, where good recruitment and player development sets teams up for run at play offs etc.

If we had a 'salary cap' in place, then you have a much more even playing field regardless of the size of club.
Nah!
Salary caps keep the privileged at the top and the ambitious out.
Plus plenty of sharp practice of which City would be accused at the drop of a hat or at the request of the redshirts.

Football has its giants and it always will, big cities against small towns.

Once they start fucking about trying to level it up we might as well all give up and go home, appeasing these mard arse yanks is something we shouldn't even be considering.

I always promised myself that the first time a woman plays in the football league I am leaving the circus, this can now be added to the list.

Bring on the clowns!!

Means more of the TV money will be sent down to the teams at the bottom.

If it's 4x the bottom teams TV earnings, makes sense for those at the top to agree that the bottom club to earn £125m rather than £100m.

Club world cup and increased CL money and ever increasing sponsorships will keep driving revenues for top clubs anyway.

Nah!
Salary caps keep the privileged at the top

This just isn't true, if you compare say the PL to the NFL since the year 2000 - there have been 13 different winners of the championship in the NFL since that time.

There have been 6 winners of the PL since the 2000, but I am keen to hear your logic?

Football has its giants and it always will, big cities against small towns.

Once they start fucking about trying to level it up we might as well all give up and go home, appeasing these mard arse yanks is something we shouldn't even be considering.

I always promised myself that the first time a woman plays in the football league I am leaving the circus, this can now be added to the list.

Bring on the clowns!!

So we are now saying that smaller teams from smaller towns shouldn't be able to compete against the 'big clubs'?

Isn't that starting to sound like the old cartel shit?

So we are now saying that smaller teams from smaller towns shouldn't be able to compete against the 'big clubs'?

Isn't that starting to sound like the old cartel shit?

Yes they bloody should, and it isn't old cartel shit at all, if Luton get money they should be able to spend it.

You might like the yank fucked up model but it isn't happening here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.