Premier League (Midweek) Games 16/17 March '22

From what I’ve seen, you must mean Mr Tumble #2, given the amount of time Mané has spent falling down for no good reason!

Should have had himself a yellow for diving already, but Klopp trying hard to run cover for him against the Fourth Official. No yellow for Klopp, either, even though he laid into the Fourth Official for about 3-4 mins straight!

Result looks like it’s balanced on a knife edge, with one defensive slip up ready to create news.
Ramsdale, who has been playing Worldies against all comers, delivers!

I cannot get my head around the school of thought that exists around Guardiola.
Theres no denying he's very succesful but for me he just doesnt seem to be able to or maybe he is unwilling to come up with the answers when we are chasing a goal.
we play some of the most rigid football around.
I'm referring to the possesion above all philosophy.
Boring and when its not working mightily ineffective.
Does anybody have the answers when you're facing an 8-9-10 man defence every week? One thing bugs me is teams seem to play like it's their cup final when we play them, tyou don't see them settin g up that way at Liverpool, but that's testament to how good we have become. There are bound to be times when it just doesn't go in, we just don't get through. In the Prem it's probably nigh on impossible to go unbeaten all season these days, let alone win every game.

We had four in 11/12, great strikeforce that.
I remember the game early in the season at Klanfield.
Personally I was going mental because we should've been at least 2 goals up at half time.
I was angry not just because we wasted chances & didn't sign a striker in the summer but because I knew 1st chance the scousers had they'd score & that's exactly what happened in the 2nd half, fair play we fought back twice to draw but we should've had 3 pts.
Like a few have mentioned already, I was worried not signing a cf would cost us in the summer & since.
I felt deffo in Europe it would cost us & maybe in the league. That's the difference for me between the 2 teams.
City are a better passing & football team but the scouse have clinical forwards.
That's what will cost us & has a few times this season already.
Don't get me wrong we've done brilliant to be up there without a striker & if we win the league just like last season it's an amazing achievement. Pep is a genius no doubt & I hope my words come back to bite me on the arse & we win the league & Champions league.
I'm keeping the faith, as many have said we've been quite a few pts behind Utd & Liverpool in the past with only 6 games left.
We're in a better position now with 9 games left & a pt ahead. Hopefully we can see it out & strengthen in the summer.
Haaland would be perfect.
But as many have said if it goes south & we don't win the league, not having a proper number 9 is the biggest reason for me.

I think we might have to face the unpalatable truth that at this moment in time Liverpool are marginally the better team.

Not by much,but in a Key area where it matters most scoring Goals.

Many of us felt it was criminal,us going in to this season without a decent 20+ goal striker.That eventually it would be our undoing.

I thought it was very telling that Pep didn't use Sterling, or Jesus, on Monday.In a game we needed to win.Even now i am shocked he didn't go all out to try and win that game.Shows you how Pep really feels about those 2,that he decided not to even use them.

Still many twists,and turns, to go this season.

We are more than capable of hitting a rich vein of form and securing our 4th Title in 5 years.

My Gut instinct though, is telling me our inability to score open Goals is going to ultimately cost us in the end.

Hope i am wrong.

And that isn't me throwing the Towel in.That is me thinking how it is likely going to turn out based on what i am seeing.
I think many on here are letting the media hype get to them. If I've learned anything over the years it's not to let the hype get to me.

After 9 straight wins they're behind us, have to come to our place, also have to play Southampton (away), Spurs, United, Everton, you'd hope all those teams can raise their game for that, and we have the better run in, the pedigree (4 out of the last 5) and so on. I'd be more hopeful now but less confident overall if I was a Liverpool fan.

I think you're letting the media hype get to you. If I've learned anything over the years it's not to let the hype get to me.

After 9 straight wins they're behind us, have to come to our place, also have to play Southampton (away), Spurs, United, Everton, you'd hope all those teams can raise their game for that, and we have the better run in, the pedigree (4 out of the last 5) and so on. I'd be more hopeful now but less confident overall if I was a Liverpool fan.

Southampton, Spurs, utd and Everton will all roll over for them. Those teams are beyond shit.

Does anybody have the answers when you're facing an 8-9-10 man defence every week? One thing bugs me is teams seem to play like it's their cup final when we play them, tyou don't see them settin g up that way at Liverpool, but that's testament to how good we have become. There are bound to be times when it just doesn't go in, we just don't get through. In the Prem it's probably nigh on impossible to go unbeaten all season these days, let alone win every game.
It would be nice to see us mixing it up a little, but if we are not going to put some height into the box, it greatly reduces the options and the number of second balls that drop into the box.

That dink over the top or to the far post only works if the opposition is coming out, which they clearly were not going to do at Palace.

I think many on here are letting the media hype get to them. If I've learned anything over the years it's not to let the hype get to me.

I’d still rather be in OUR position than theirs!

We keep being told the pressure is on us, but we have the points on the board and Liverpool have the pressure to win every game to stay within a game of us.

I’d still rather be in OUR position than theirs!

We keep being told the pressure is on us, but we have the points on the board and Liverpool have the pressure to win every game to stay within a game of us.
Exactly, that's what I meant about the hype. Hard to believe we're the team in front with them to play at our place when you listen to it.

My best mate's a Liverpool fan (from Enfield!) and I promise you they're all crapping themselves and also desperate not to draw us on the cups in case they end up with nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.