Premier League or Champions League.

Maineman55 said:
You're judged by your success in Europe.
Taggart always says for a club of the Rags size, they've not won the CL enough. And he hates the fact that Liverpool have five wins.

Technically Liverpool have only won the CL once. Their wins in the EC are hardly the same thing. Winning the European Cup required four aggregate wins and a final win, a total of nine matches. This compares to a minimum of thirteen matches for the CL.

Also in the European Cup, there were a lot of very weak teams from the likes of Luxembourg, Malta, Northern Ireland etc.

The CL takes a lot more effort than the European Cup ever did. It involves the grind of a League campaign with the random nature of a Cup competition. This may explain why some English teams find it hard to fight on two fronts.

Both Liverpool and Chelsea finished out of the top four when winning the CL.

The Premier League by miles - it is the fulfilment of a season's work, whereas in the CL you can have 1 off day and or 1 bad bit of luck and end up with nowt

It has to be the Premier League. I love the euro nights for the different players, style of play and fans but it is not the benchmark of a great team.

Its a cup competition after all, where luck plays a huge part. Chelsea were the 6th best side in the UK that to me devalues the competition

In response to another similar question I said that my view as a Chelsea supporter is that it's all about where you are in your evolution. For City no doubt winning the league this year was most important for Chelsea who had a poor season in the premier ( next season if Hazard and Hulk come off we'll be back challenging) it was key to win the Champions League...now we are viewed as one of Europe's elite across the World.

Like it or not and we had to live with it for a lot of years until the one with the big ears is captured (not gary liniker) you will not be seen as an "elite" club. Having said that for City I suspect it's just a matter of time.

I'd prefer the league. Europe is too unpredictable, even if we put all our resources into winning it, we could mess up in the final and end up with nothing.

If we focus on the league, at least we'll assure top 4 even if we fail. Plus it's over 38 games, so generally the best team wins.

The PL by miles, but we need a great run in the CL to get more global credibility.
The PL is going to be very tough next season, with Arse, Chelski & Rags investing heavilly in players and for us too. Next seasons PL will be amazing when we are crowned Champions again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.