Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
Prem for me. Liverpool fans still haven't been able to celebrate a League title under normal circumstances for over thirty years and i'd like us to keep it that way.

Never understand those who trot out the absurd cliche that winning the CL takes the club to another level. Does it heck. Didn’t do it for Chelsea didn’t do it for Porto. Your level is your level and it doesn’t come from one cup win, which in Chelsea’s case came when they were probably not even in the top ten teams in Europe in 2012.

Your level comes from what you do every game week in week out for season after season. That’s why we’re one of the world’s top clubs now and a CL win would only be adding a small cherry on to an already magnificent cake.
The argument to that could be it is our level. The best team in club football winning the ultimate trophy. Chelsea and Porto weren’t the best teams at the time they won it. Liverpool too for that matter. We are the best team in the world in the eyes of many, and to win it in this period would be the ultimate accolade for the status of the club.

I want it all. I voted CL because it’s the proverbial monkey on our backs, but actually I want both and the cup fuck scousers!

We have to win the league to ensure the dippers don't. Our edge over them is more important. The CL is vital to our status going forwards and at the start of the season I would have said the CL but with the league as it is, that's the priority.

It would be nice to win both though. That is the true hallmark of a great team. Winning the CL on its own just shows that anyone can win it really. Winning it with the league title justifies the best in Europe tag.

The CL if you bet with your head rather than your heart.

As we have won the PL multiple times now and the CL would bring a huge boost to the club as a whole thus allowing us to win many more PLs, it has to be the CL.

Plus this set of players deserve it.

Winning another PL does not move the club along and is short sighted. If we had never won either it would be the PL.

Some on here would rather we won the LC or the FA Cup than the CL. I get that you might want that as a fan but as a club it’s just treading water.

There is a reason our owners want the CL allowing us to bring in huge sponsorship deals that no other competition can which in turn allows us to buy even better players and on it goes.

We need that first CL. It’s a smart bomb. Our rivals (here and abroad) are praying we don’t do it. ..The PL again not so much.

If you want what is best for you as a fan then vote PL if that’s your favourite. If you value the club more and want it to grow faster vote CL.

Last edited:
PL, City would pass Villa in league title count which would boil piss at Villa Park.

and then the board can start dreaming about reaching 10 titles, which would be significant landmark. 10 titles is the priority IMO.

The reason Chelsea's CL winning teams are not rated highly is because they failed in the domestic league. Liverpool won the CL missing out on the league by 1 point, then came back and won the league. Guess what, they are considered one of the best in the world right now.
I need to puke

I have thought about this for all of about 12 seconds and, on the basis that neither of these two scenarios involves watching a leaden footed Martyn Margetson flounder helplessly under a gently looping header and then thinking we were so badly fucked that I'd probably never see City win anything again in my lifetime, I will be quite happy with either of the two options thank you very much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.