Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
It’s not really the Champions League is it?

It’s the Top 4 League & the winner of the Europa League.(goes straight into Pot 1)

If UEFA get their way it will be the Top 6 League.

Teams can even lose numerous games in the group stages and still win the CL. Ask any honest Liverpool fan. If you can find one?

It’s the Top 4 League & the winner of the Europa League.(goes straight into Pot 1)

Teams can even lose numerous games in the group stages and still win the CL. Ask any honest Liverpool fan. If you can find one?
Whilst I agree it not the champions league, you could have won the old European Cup by not actually winning any games as you could have won it by losing 5 games. I’m sure teams didn’t do those things but, with away goals and the like, it was certainly possible.

Whilst I agree it not the champions league, you could have won the old European Cup by not actually winning any games as you could have won it by losing 5 games. I’m sure teams didn’t do those things but, with away goals and the like, it was certainly possible.
Christ, teams used to get byes in that competition.

It doesn’t matter what it’s called. It’s the biggest and most prestigious trophy in the world.

It doesn’t matter what it’s called. It’s the biggest and most prestigious trophy in the world.

You mean club trophy.

The World Cup is the most prestigious Football trophy in the World.

Ask any player which trophy out of those 2 they would want to win.

just for the sake of the players and club i'll go for the champions leage, they deserve it so for them i'd sacrifice the title
fuck it,iv'e changed my mind, the thought of them scouse twats equaling our historic treble would be too much, so if we don't win the semi it's got to be the league, and if we do win the semi an fa cup and league double would more than make up for the chumpions league

You only got into the European Cup by winning your domestic league. Not by finishing 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, winning the Europa League, finishing 3rd in the CL group stages, dropping out of the CL straight into the Europa League. Being put in different pots. Avoiding teams from your own league. Being given a specific draw. Being given a specific team. Can UEFA make the ‘Champions League’ anymore fixed. Yes, by expanding it. The best thing about the CL is the trophy. It’s a good looking trophy.

Care to enlighten me which is, if it’s so obviously not the PL in your opinion ??
It’s not an opinion more an obvious fact, if you win a competition say 5 times and fail to win another once then the competition you haven’t won is logically the hardest to win. When the CL was the European cup an argument could be made about which was harder because you only entered that cup as a league winner or a defending champion so you naturally played in it less.

But if you enter the champions league say 12 years on the bounce and obviously the league 12 years on the bounce then the hardest to win must be the one you have won the least.

I'll take the CL if I had to choose, this season only.
We've won the league a lot and still don't get the credit as "we've not done it in Europe" so would be interesting to see how the goalposts would be moved once we won that.

The sad thing is if that happened Liverpool would win the league.

Us win the league and Bayern the CL i'd take if it was offered now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.