Prestwich & Whitefield Branch formed 30 years ago this Year

Did anyone else travel with Bill Black’s Levenshulme Blues in the 90s? Had some brilliant (even if the football was horrific on the pitch) away days with them back in the day.
Had some great times with Billy. Club was run from the Con club in Leve. Remember 'Buster" Phillips having his 21st with us. The end of of season Ostend trip was a belter. Coach to Stockport for a friendly, Deano and his shit films, getting battered with bricks at Stoke away... so many brilliant memories with Leve blues.

Had some great times with Billy. Club was run from the Con club in Leve. Remember 'Buster" Phillips having his 21st with us. The end of of season Ostend trip was a belter. Coach to Stockport for a friendly, Deano and his shit films, getting battered with bricks at Stoke away... so many brilliant memories with Leve blues.
You got a coach...... from Levenshulme to Stockport? lol

You got a coach...... from Levenshulme to Stockport? lol
Indeed. I maybe wrong here but I think it was George Weahs first appearance and SWP walked out with him. I left at half time and got the 192 back up to Leve. I also think it was a chap called Geoff who was the chairman of the branch. Billy moved to Devon I think and the club got kicked out.

Indeed. I maybe wrong here but I think it was George Weahs first appearance and SWP walked out with him. I left at half time and got the 192 back up to Leve. I also think it was a chap called Geoff who was the chairman of the branch. Billy moved to Devon I think and the club got kicked out.
I thought George Weahs first was Burnley away, me and our kid sat in the ‘ what is now the Royal Dyche’ before the match , our kid with his freshly done shirt with Weah on the back, …….it wasn’t a good idea going in there, but we survived….and he scored…….i am probably wrong, I have just been sat in the sun at the Druken Duck for for 3 hours ……England is glorious when the sun is out!

I remember Bill and the Levy branch taking a coach on a pre season tour to Exeter and Plymouth in the 90's.
We'd made our own way there and met up with a few of them.
I seem to remember Bill having loads of City tattoos.Not heard his name mentioned for a long time,
anyone know if he's still with us?

The supporters clubs from that era were the lifeblood & heartbeat of the club.

Unfortunately many have now been priced out and have missed the most successful period in our history.

The club should contact the secretary's and officer the membership first dibs for seats in the new NS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.