Previous UK government ‘covered up’ financial turmoil ahead of election

Sounds like a preamble to some tax rises to me ?
It’s fucking hilarious the pontification that currently going on about this.

By any objective measure, the Tories lied about this black hole, and I think it’s safe to say Labour did too. The Tories were promising tax cuts, Labour were not. By any objective measure, due to factors such as Covid, Brexit and an increasingly ageing population, taxes will need to rise. Anyone who suggests otherwise doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

And yet Tories (unclear if you’re one) have the brass neck to pontificate about this, even though it was their own finances they lied about and despite which they dishonestly promised tax cuts, which, in net terms, they were never going to be able to deliver.

Absolutely fucking unbelievable that daft cunts are still falling for it.

Labour may have been dishonest, but not in the same page as the Tories, who should shut the fuck up.

By any objective measure, the Tories lied about this black hole, and I think it’s safe to say Labour did too. The Tories were promising tax cuts, Labour were not. By any objective measure, due to factors such as Covid, Brexit and an increasingly ageing population, taxes will need to rise. Anyone who suggests otherwise doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

And yet Tories (unclear if you’re one) have the brass neck to pontificate about this, even though it was their own finances they lied about and despite which they dishonestly promised tax cuts, which, in net terms, they were never going to be able to deliver.

Labour may have been dishonest, but not in the same page as the Tories, who should shut the fuck up.
I'm talking about Governments in general. You are old enough to remember the 'note' that there was no money left from which 14 years "it was them" followed.

This is essentially the same, and will be followed by X years of the same old crap !

No one is shocked, except for the gullible, and the "they are my team" fans, who will defend either side no matter how ridiculous it seems.

More a case of pissing down our collective backs and telling us that it is raining !

"We'll need to buy a new umbrella to stop that" ;- )
Time will tell, mate. I’m sure there will be a lot of difficult decisions to be made over the coming months.

I'm talking about Governments in general. You are old enough to remember the 'note' that there was no money left from which 14 years "it was them" followed.

This is essentially the same, and will be followed by X years of the same old crap !

No one is shocked, except for the gullible "they are my team" followers who will defend either side no matter how ridiculous it seems.
That’s all fair comment, and yes I am old enough to remember that note!

In summary I think Labour’s dishonesty is by omission whereas Tory dishonesty was by the use of barefaced lies, cherry picked misleading statistics and blatant corruption.

I’ll take not being told the whole story to get elected over Tory dishonesty any day.

It kind of sounds like both parties knew about the state of economy. The tories have clearly been lying/ misleading the public about this whilst being charge.

Either way tax rises and cuts are on the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.